Vice President, Corporate Affairs
Business development: 10 years (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Prelude is an early-stage biotechnology company founded by proven scientists in cancer drug development. Our research is focused on developing highly selective and differentiated small molecule therapeutic agents targeting novel pathways for the treatment of cancer and rare diseases.
Prelude offers a vibrant and collegial work environment and excellent career growth opportunities. Prelude is ideally located within 25 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport at the Delaware Innovation Space, an emerging research campus in the DuPont Experimental Station
The Vice President, Corporate Affairs is responsible for asserting Prelude’s leadership in designing and developing small molecule precision oncology drugs. This position will create and execute strategies to communicate both externally and internally about Prelude’s research and discovery efforts, growing clinical pipeline, academic and industry partnerships, and patient engagement activities. This leader will report to the CBO and partner closely with other leaders including our CEO, CFO, CMO, and Chief of Clinical Affairs.
The VP, Corporate Affairs is responsible for leading the overall strategic direction and implementation of Prelude’s corporate affairs initiatives across multiple channels and audiences, focusing primarily on investors and analysts but also including media, advocacy partners, and government affairs. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in biopharma investor relations, media relations (including traditional and social media strategy), corporate branding, identity and reputation management, corporate / government affairs, and an understanding of the advocacy landscape within oncology. This position will also be responsible for planning and implementing an employee communications plan aligned with the corporate vision, strategy, and goals. The candidate must be an exceptional communicator (written and oral) and influencer with strong business acumen and have demonstrated team building and leadership capabilities and presence.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Develops and executes a comprehensive suite of IR and corporate communications programs and strategies in alignment with corporate goals to enhance the perception and visibility of Prelude within biotechnology/pharmaceutical and investment communities.
· Ensures the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, media, advocacy, and all other relevant stakeholders.
· Develops & maintains strong relationships of trust and respect with essential biopharma investment communities, including sell-and buy-side analysts, large institutional holders and portfolio and money managers.
· Tracks analyst models, estimates, and pipeline expectations.
· Continually refines investor messaging and market positioning based on company performance, market perception, expectations, peer performance and relative valuation.
· Partners with senior leadership to support specific investor relations activities including analyst days, scientific meetings, and investor events.
· Develops & maintains relationships with key media outlets and reporters.
· Develops corporate narrative and provides strategic communications for senior leadership as needed, e.g., speech content, talking points, presentations, press releases, investor presentations, conference call scripts, Q&As, IR website, backgrounders etc.
· Works collaboratively across a variety of functions, including clinical development, discovery, and others to support communications goals and ensure alignment and consistency in key messaging.
· Helps manage Prelude’s corporate website and internal intranet, collaborating with stakeholder throughout the organization to develop critical and creative content.
· In partnership with Human Resources, develops effective employee communications plans which strengthen recruitment, employee value proposition, employee engagement, and company culture (mission, vision & values).
· In partnership with Chief of Clinical Affairs, pursues innovative ways to reach patients and healthcare providers through PR activities involving media and advocacy groups, including use of social media.
· Plans and organizes media engagement activities.
· Manages investor relations and/or corporate communications agency partners to maximize impact and assistance in reaching desired communications goals and objectives.
· Monitors external coverage of Prelude in trade and business news across various platforms and develops KPIs to measure impact.
· Supports issues management at the corporate and product level, with focus on ensuring alignment and readiness on key issues identified through periodic risk analysis.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, communications, public relations, or relevant field of study.
· 10+ years of investor relations experience, ideally in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry.
· A proven ability to establish relationships and credibility with the biopharma investment community and biopharma journalists.
· A successful track record within a public company or IR consulting firm and demonstrated knowledge of investor relations practices and Reg FD and other SEC disclosure regulations.
· Proven in depth knowledge within the following functional areas: corporate communications, product communications, social media, issues management, media relations, and collaboration with advocacy/ professional alliance programs.
· Familiarity with regulatory and compliance standards in the healthcare industry.
· Proven ability to speak the language of a biotechnology company and break down complex scientific concepts for external audiences.
· Must possess a strong executive presence and demonstrated success partnering with senior management.
· Demonstrates a strong professional demeanor, presence and interpersonal skills with an ability to create effective partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Experience managing 3rd party agencies and vendor partnerships.
· Experience in issues management including high-profile media engagement.
· The ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively.
· Strong verbal & written communication skills, including excellent presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
· Detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously & independently.
· A strong sense of urgency along with the ability to prioritize work in complex and time-sensitive situations.
· The capability to lead through influence and network while driving employee and internal initiatives.
· Demonstrated ability to operate successfully within a dynamic team culture and changing environment.
· The ability to travel 20-25% to attend meetings and key business engagements.
· MBA and/or advanced life sciences degree, preferred.
· Strong social media and digital acumen, preferred.
Prelude Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Prelude Therapeutics, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with Prelude, a Master Services Agreement (MSA) must be executed and confirmed prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed MSA, Prelude shall not be responsible to any individual or entity for any payment relating to any form of fee or compensation.
And, in the event a resume or candidate is submitted by a recruiter, an employment agency, or a staffing firm without a fully executed MSA, Prelude has the unrestricted right to pursue and hire any of those candidate(s) without any legal or financial responsibility to the recruiter, agency, and/or firm.
Related keywords: vice president, education
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $94,947.00 – $293,290.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-17