Navigating the Virtual Platform
Below are a few tips to improve your overall conference experience using our virtual platform:
- Download and install/update Chrome. Chrome is the recommended browser to access our virtual platform. Do NOT use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. These browsers are not supported
- If your organization has strong FIREWALLS or uses a VIRTUAL DESKTOP, we recommend that you use a personal device on a personal network to access the conference. If you typically have issues accessing Zoom, Vimeo or YouTube, you may have issues accessing certain areas of our platform. This is typically due to strong firewalls within your organization and/or attempting to access the platform via a Virtual Desktop, which is not supported. If using a personal device is not an option for you, you can try these troubleshooting options:
- Disconnect from your virtual desktop and access the platform directly via a browser on your primary desktop;
- Ask your organization to temporarily relax the firewalls for the date(s) of the conference;
- Connect to WiFi using your phone as a hotspot vs. your corporate network
- Disconnect from your VPN, where applicable, prior to accessing the platform. You may also need to restart your computer once you have disconnected from your VPN.
- Test your internet (click here to test your internet using Google). A strong internet connection will ensure your best viewing and video conferencing experience. Try to close non-essential tabs in your browser while viewing. If you experience issues, try refreshing your page.
- There will be opportunities for networking via video conference so please dress accordingly (at least from the waist up.) Once you receive access to the platform (one week in advance of the program), you will also see an option in our Virtual Lounge where you can test compatibility with your device. You’ll see the button “Test Compatibility” button on the upper right hand on the “Lounge” page.
Links to access the platform will be sent to registered attendees one week in advance of the conference.
* Attendees will have access to the session recordings up to 21 days after the event