Account Supervisor, Corporate Communications
Account Supervisor, Corporate Communications
New York, NY
What does it mean to be part of BCW and the WPP network? It means being a part of a global, multi-faceted, multi-talented creative engine, with access to countless places you can grow.
As the global communications agency built to #movepeople, BCW guides client partners to powerful, culturally relevant ideas, programs and messages that inspire their key stakeholders to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
BCW’s commitment to moving people starts with our employees. Here you’ll find ways to ignite your growth while doing meaningful work for exceptional clients in an environment that prioritizes your success, compels collaboration and celebrates learning. We’re committed to moving our people forward in their careers and helping them grow as people and professionals.
We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions is critical to our success, so Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity and the LGBTQIA+, differently abled and veteran communities.
And while there is no one kind of BCW person, everyone at BCW has something in common: A mindset, a way of responding to challenges with openness, curiosity and a commitment to learning. BCW will feed that drive by rewarding courageous tenacity and nurturing your dynamic career.
BCW’s Corporate Communications Practice is seeking to hire an Account Supervisor to support the growth and performance of the firm by supporting large, integrated client teams across various workstreams and programs. This position will be based in New York but will operate remotely during the pandemic.
The Account Supervisor, Corporate Communications will contribute to client strategy, and execute upon earned media relations campaigns, content development and other integrated internal/external efforts including executive visibility, thought leadership and sustainability. This is an opportunity to work across a variety of industry verticals, collaborating across multiple practice teams and geographies for PRvoke’s 2020 Global Agency of the Year.
What you’ll do as you move with us:
- Assist in the development of earned media relations strategies across traditional and digital/social platforms
- Deliver media relations results to support campaign roll-outs and ensure message delivery in key markets across the US and abroad
- Build relationships with targeted influencers to push out messaging
- Playing a lead role in mentoring developing junior teams
- Developing and growing senior level client relationships, acting as day-to-day point of contact
- Track record of developing proactive, positive story-telling for clients at the corporate level
- Develop and/or edit key messages and media materials for corporate announcements or executives, including talking points, Q&As, news releases, etc. as needed (in coordination with team)
- Research and maintain media lists, keeping abreast of industry trends and corresponding opportunities for new perspectives
Experience that contributes to your success:
- Minimum of 5+ years of previous public relations work experience
- Demonstrated media relations success including strategy and successful/measurable outcomes
- A blended background in both account management and media relations—creative and persuasive, able to influence audiences
- Prior experience serving as a day-to-day account lead
- Advanced writing skills, ability to write for senior level management and audiences adapting tone and style
- Ability to manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively
- Ability to think innovatively; develop creative solutions and new programs
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive organization as an active participant in culture initiatives, training opportunities and employee resource groups
More about BCW:
BCW is the global communications agency built to move people. BCW partners with clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, healthcare, public affairs, purpose and technology sectors to set strategic direction for all communications and create powerful and unexpected ideas that earn attention. Through an “Earned-Plus” offer – earned media plus paid media, creative technology, data, AI and an expanding suite of innovative capabilities – BCW moves people with power and precision to move its clients forward. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company. For more information, visit www.bcw-global.com.
Organizations and industries are evolving at a rapid pace while operating in increasingly complex, connected stakeholder ecosystems. To grow and thrive in this environment, our clients need to engage colleagues, consumers, customers and other key constituents who are more diverse, elusive and over-stimulated than ever before. They have to move people – all kinds of people – to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
We move people with power and precision to move our clients forward. Join us in #MovingPeople.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Job posted: 2021-10-10