Edelman Global Advisory is a newly launched standalone international advisory firm within Edelman, the world’s largest public relations company. We’re searching for a motivated and globally attuned self-starter to join our Washington, D.C. office. Our clients range from scaling start-ups to established Fortune 500 businesses and leading NGOs seeking our assistance to persuade audiences on the most important issues facing society, ranging from regulation on technology to issue advocacy on topics like modern day slavery.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong understanding on topics dominating the global policy agenda. This person is knowledgeable of stakeholder, media, policymaker, and regulator perspectives on key global issues. This person should understand global regulatory currents, policymaking procedures, and how to use all forms of media to shape business-critical public policymaking outcomes in Washington and around the world.
- Lead day-to-day operations of an account workstream and serve as a primary contact to clients.
- Liaise with media and stakeholders on behalf of clients.
- Research, draft, and prepare reports that distill highly complicated issues for clients in consumable briefs.
- Design and implement fully-integrated (digital, owned, & earned) programs to achieve outcomes on critical issues across multiple sectors, including technology and multilateral organizations.
- Collaborate, gain consensus, and work with internal and external partners, including colleagues and clients around the world.
- Counsel clients on strategies to promote, protect, and evolve their interests amidst geopolitical headwinds, shifting consumer sentiment, and an evolving global business environment.
- Experience on Capitol Hill as a staffer, member of the media, a PR firm, trade association representative, an international organization, or within a federal agency of the executive branch.
- Candidates with exposure to technology topics, including privacy, the future of work, and emerging technology regulation.
- Demonstrate digital literacy through the use of social and digital tools, channels, and platforms that drive audience-centric campaigns.
- Superior ability to write and edit documents and content to ensure clarity, persuasion, and polish.
- The ability to speak a second language.
- An insatiable curiosity and an always-positive attitude.
- 4 – 7 years demonstrated track record of success in a communications function.
- A willingness to work hard, including “off business hours” at time to support international projects.
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person.
- Digital fluency and an understanding on how we can leverage digital functions to advance clients’ objectives.
- Strong acumen with the Microsoft suite of software (Word, PPT, Excel, Teams), ability to manage budgets and staffing projections, and to convey ideas simply through presentations.
- Works well in a team-based collaborative environment that focuses on outcomes, and can identify and implement the necessary processes to achieve success on behalf of clients.
- Excellent communication skills and experience providing sound counsel and recommendations on how the business is operated and managed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Job posted: 2021-10-04