Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare.
Anadarko Petroleum has an opportunity for an Advocacy Manager that will be a part of the GOM Regulatory Affairs and Advocacy team in The Woodlands, TX office. The ideal candidate will Manage all GOM advocacy activities throughout the life cycle of an issue to include the review and analysis of intelligence gathering efforts, coordination of inner department reviews, escalation to higher decision makers, and facilitate reporting and visibility of issues throughout the company. The Manager is the primary interface between the subject matter expert’s involvement with external trade groups, agencies, lawmakers and other stakeholders. Has developed a broad and comprehensive knowledge of external activities that may have impact on GOM operations and liaises with internal stakeholders to understand status of developing issues. Manages the integrity of information and the database supporting all GOM advocacy points of contact, personnel assignments and communications. Provides oversight on all advocacy issues in the planning and execution phase, and ensures project leads are adhering to the process, and on target with schedule. Works to resolve any resource requirements in supporting the information and intelligence gathering process that support advocacy efforts.
- Minimum of 7 years working in the Oil and Gas industry, with experience working with regulatory, trade associations, government agencies, or other external governing organizations
- Good organizational skills, especially regarding logistical planning of large work projects. Ability to diagnose problems and implement timely solutions. Project planning and execution background is needed in coordinating multiple ongoing advocacy projects simultaneously. Working knowledge of project management and/or customer relationship management software.
- Must exhibit a solid commitment to safety and the communication of safe operating practices.
- Persuasive communication skills in all aspects of interaction with internal and external groups and individuals. Ability to understand complex situations and concisely write executive summaries to be shared with leadership. Ability to understand a wide range of issues with potential impact to APC GOM operations and identify and articulate possible connections or trends is extremely valuable.
- Must have mentoring skills to lead teams, resolve conflict, and achieve a wide range of initiatives and projects
- Proficient computer skills are required, as well as good understanding of IT systems, data base capability, and automated reporting. Strong skills in Microsoft office products, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Willingness to represent APC GOM by speaking and presenting in a public forum.
- Reputation of integrity within APC or with external organizations where advocacy efforts have been conducted.
- Manage the integrity of communications with SMEs in identifying and updating issues that may affect GOM operations. To include ascertaining relevant information about potential and current issues and validating essential attributes that may have effect on GOM operations, safety, costs or production impacts.
- Working closely with Project Leads, SMEs and other stakeholders in organizing information and project updates for review by the Advocacy Committee and the Executive Committee. Primary interface and manager of open, emerging and current projects that work to influence decisions or outcomes.
- Communicate and work closely with Project Leads in the planning and development of specific issue projects that will be reviewed by leadership and approved for advocacy project execution. Provides guidance on required reporting and update activities to the project leads.
- External engagement with trade associations, agencies, industry and key stakeholders.
- Perform Special Projects and other duties as assigned by the Advocacy Director.
- Provides direction and manages the GOM Advocacy efforts with internal and external stakeholders. Financial authority follows APC G9 authority guidelines
Bachelor Degree in Science, Engineering or other related field.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 10-25%
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following ‘Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law’ Poster.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-26