Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate, Social Media
About this role
The Marketing team at BlackRock is a dynamic, global function that plays a critical role in helping drive many of the firm’s most urgent cross-functional initiatives. Together with our partners (both internal and external), we create the conditions that maximize business outcomes for the firm.
We specialize in a diverse range of functions to provide robust campaigns, advertising, communications, training, investment & educational material, and events, all supported by global centers of excellence spanning content strategy, creative, research & analytics, and digital platforms & experiences.
Your role and impact
We are looking for a Social Media Associate to join the Global Marketing Content & Distribution team. You will be responsible for growing BlackRock’s social media presence globally with a focus on enhancing our brand and reputation. You will work on strategy, execution, and measurement across all BlackRock’s owned social media properties including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-energy team that collaborates with many different business functions across the firm.
A successful candidate will have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be able to effectively assist and/or lead on multiple projects and will be extremely analytical and detail oriented.
- Manage the content strategy and day-to-day calendar for multiple @BlackRock social media channels
- Partner with external agencies on creative development and paid media campaign optimizations
- Maintain social editorial content calendar, bringing forward innovative ideas that leverage cultural moments
- Manage BlackRock’s Employee Brand Ambassador program, which enables our employees to share BLK-related content with their personal networks
- Help execute the integration of social media as a channel into all major company-wide initiatives such as brand campaigns, corporate initiatives, announcements and events
- Partner closely with Corporate Communications to report on relevant social listening and perform necessary crisis management actions
- Serve as a social media subject matter expert globally, sharing best practices with regional teams
- Report on content performance with actionable insights on an ongoing basis
- Align with relevant technology and security teams to ensure social media channels accounts are secure and compliant at all times
- Monitor the competitive landscape, emerging trends, and platform updates, presenting recommendations for growth opportunities
- Work closely with Legal & Compliance team to obtain content approvals and ensure social media practices adhere to regulatory requirements
- 4-6 years of experience in advertising, branding, and/or digital marketing
- Digital native with robust knowledge of social media and emerging content platforms
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Agency experience or experience managing agencies in-house is a plus
- B2B or financial services experience is a plus
- Experience using social media content management tools (e.g. Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Dynamic Signal, Hearsay)
- Passion and enthusiasm for social media marketing
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
Job posted: 2022-07-18