ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional benefits package along with the opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need.
As part of the Global Campaigns team, the Campaigns Manager will deliver high-impact and innovative digital campaigns and actions that engage new and existing supporters and demonstrate grassroots support for ONE’s policy goals and mission. The Campaigns Manager will be responsible for helping to grow and engage ONE’s supporter base and campaigning impact through the delivery of a range of global and country specific campaigns, working with the wider Engagement and Mobilization unit and country teams.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic team player, skilled in creating and managing digital (specifically email) and offline campaigns for an international audience. A track record of working within an advocacy or campaigning environment is desirable.
This is a full-time, exempt role reporting to the Global Campaigns Director and will be based in our DC office.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Lead in the development of ONE’s global and national campaigns, including strategy, planning, messaging and tactics
- Collaborate with ONE’s country and global teams to create compelling actions and supporter journeys which increase both action rates and depth of action
- Create campaign materials that are accurate, on brand, and which effectively engage and communicate ONE’s message to the target audience
- Manage the production of supporter communications, working with country campaign managers and others when required
- Create campaign assets, analyze campaign performance and provide reports to other teams in collaboration with the wider Engagement & Mobilization and Communication & Content teams.
- Work with external partners to develop campaigns that complement ONE’s ongoing activities and mission
- Supervise and direct the work of the Digital Campaigns Coordinator
- Stay abreast of new and emerging campaign tactics and technologies and regularly distribute that insight to team members and other stakeholders
- Any other duties as determined by the Global Campaigns Director
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- At least 6 years’ experience of developing and managing digital campaigns
- Experience with digital advocacy systems, experience with ActionKit, a plus
- Experience of writing campaign focused emails and managing complex email journeys
- Experience of creating content for an international audience
- Experience of campaign evaluation and reporting
- Familiarity with CMS systems such as WordPress.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Project management experience
- Ability to multitask and determine priority projects/assignments.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines
- Experience of working within a campaigns, advocacy, or communications environment
- Enthusiasm for digital campaigning trends & tools
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Demonstrate critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required, French and German proficiency a plus
Ability and willingness to travel if required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job posted: 2020-09-22