Chief Public Affairs Officer
We are looking for a seasoned and respected professional who possesses the following competencies:
- Act as policy advisor and make recommendations to the COO, CEO and Board on all stakeholder relations and engagement issues.
- Direct outreach activities that build and strengthen community relations, foster partnerships and develop influential relationships with businesses, community partners and other external organizations to advance the interests of CalSTRS.
- Provide briefings, continuing education and expert consultation and advice to the Board in rendering decisions related to stakeholder issues.
- Manage the representation of the CEO, executive staff, and the CalSTRS Board to the public in daily news media relations efforts and for high profile and sensitive issues.
- Lead the development of pro-active media relations and crisis management communication strategies to maintain CalSTRS positive position in the public and uphold the organization’s strong reputation and level of trust.
- Oversee the representation of the System at legislative committee hearings on all legislative proposals affecting CalSTRS.
Our headquarters is located in West Sacramento, CA. This position is eligible for an annual incentive recognition opportunity of up to 15 percent of annual base salary. Relocation benefits may be available.
Final filing date: 10/30/20.
Job posted: 2020-10-08