About the National MultiFAMILY Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, NMHC is a national association representing the interests of the larger and most prominent apartment firms in the U.S. NMHC advocates on behalf of rental housing, conducts apartment-related research, encourages the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the desirability of apartment living. NMHC’s members are the principal officers of firms engaged in all aspects of the apartment industry, including ownership, development, management, and financing. More information about the Council is available at www.nmhc.org.
The National Multifamily Housing Council seeks a full-time Communications Associate to join a growing, dynamic communications team. This new position supports NMHC’s digital publishing, public relations and communications initiatives. The associate will work with the communications team to draft, post and distribute content across NMHC’s digital platforms, including newsletters, emails, NMHC.org and social media, as well as support engagement with media and key influencers. The ideal candidate possesses skills in media relations, digital, social and written communications with impeccable attention to detail.
NMHC highly values individuals with creativity, initiative and drive. While this position is expected to primarily support the broader communications team and its program of work, innovative suggestions, concepts and new approaches to problems are encouraged, supported and rewarded.
- Create and distribute newsletters, emails, breaking news updates and other digital content.
- Assist in the maintenance of NMHC’s email-marketing and editorial calendars of communications.
- Manage NMHC website content, working with staff to identify and post relevant content.
- Draft and distribute policy, media and member materials.
- Maintain NMHC’s media contact database and support media engagements.
- Ensure all content posted across all communications channels follows best practices and is error free.
- Create regular tracking reports for communications efforts.
- Dig into web, email and campaign analytics to aid in data-driven decision making and planning.
- Support NMHC marketing and communications initiatives to ensure deliverables meet objectives and deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic understanding of content management systems. Other digital publishing platforms a plus.
- Working knowledge of page formatting, image management, video, Photoshop, or similar software/technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated proficiency creating and editing news, marketing copy, blog posts or other written forms of communication for a wide audience.
- Keen interest in journalism and follows the news of the day on politics, markets and major events.
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Organized with an eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and Communications
Competitive salary, depending upon experience. NMHC offers a professional work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
Send materials electronically to email@example.com.
Please use the following subject line when submitting materials: Communications Associate – [Your Last Name]
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please. You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer
Job posted: 2020-02-25