Our client, a leader in helping philanthropic organizations in doing their best to advance the common good, is searching for a Publications and Research Manager to join their team. To be considered, please submit a cover letter with your application.
The Communications Associate will ensure all communications objectives are managed from ideation to execution. He/She is responsible for managing project tasks and deadlines, handling preliminary logistics and keeping all parties updated on the progress. The Communications Associate must be able to multitask, organize and collaborate. He/She will juggle a wide variety of requests from internal and external stakeholders with competing deadlines. Strong decision-making and prioritization skills are essential to help ensure all projects runs smoothly, and he/she needs to be as organized as possible to schedule, monitor and adjust deadlines and resources as needed.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for writing on various topics related to philanthropy to uplift and advance the good work of the field
- Gather information from internal stakeholders, perform research on each area of the organization to draft content, edit and proofread for external distribution
- Coordinate with various departmental personnel to stay abreast of the changing landscape of philanthropy
- Write and edit press releases that support the organization’s key initiatives and messaging
- Work with outside writers to develop and edit content for submittal and coordinating submittal to publications
- Create, develop and update messaging materials as part of communications team and organization’s strategy
- Prepare content/materials for external meetings and speaking engagements (i.e., research briefings and PowerPoint presentations)
- Support the digital strategy of the organization by drafting messaging for social media, events and various web pages
- Work independently on multiple projects and other tasks assigned by the Director, Communications and Marketing
- Monitor breaking stories, developments in or related to philanthropy and communications, industry trends, and relevant commentary; work with internal departments to communicate out as appropriate; and provide updates to team on articles, issues, and news of note
- Maintain organization’s subscriptions to news services
- Serves as an editor for organization’s web content, creating, reviewing and updating pages as assigned
- Engage in special projects such as message frameworks, focus groups, etc
- Maintain the Council’s blog and posts copies of Washington Snapshot and monthly newsletters after they are sent via email
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in communications, journalism and/or a related field
- Bachelor degree preferably in communications, journalism, English and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional writing skills and storytelling abilities, including experience in developing video and written assets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen well and positively represent the organization and its mission
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and stay on deadline
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a small, efficient team
- Good graphic design sense
- Understanding of social channels and search engine marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Skills in design software, blogging software and social media platforms preferred
- Ability to work independently
This organization offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please contact Liz Smith at email@example.com (843) 834-2921 or Mia Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 996-9275.
Job posted: 2020-03-18