Communications Director 1
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
We are seeking a Communications Director adept in storytelling and cultivating strategic partnerships to lead the Communications for the Information Solutions and Services division, which provides secure, user-centric information technology services to defense, intelligence and civilian agency customers. This full-time position is located in McLean, Virginia and reports to the vice president of Communications.
This role is ideal for a strategic thinker and hands-on individual who can take projects from concept to implementation, and has a proven track record of simultaneously managing and delivering multiple communications projects.
- Setting the strategy and tactical plan for communicating to key stakeholders the sector’s business strategy, accomplishments, thought leadership, capabilities and operational performance
- Active engagement with emerging and non-traditional communications avenues, including but not limited to platforms, partnerships and omni-channel content creation & distribution
- Partnering with peer directors throughout the corporation on the communications strategy and associated integrated communications plans and campaigns
- Develops and executes sector-level communications strategy, planning, and messaging in support of our business objectives
- Partners with other members of the Communications leadership team to lead key division/campaign initiatives to promote and/or publicize our people, products, and culture, expanding awareness of Northrop Grumman’s brand and reputation
- Serves as a member of the sector’s Communications Leadership team and will be a key contributor in setting the communication’s strategy and tactical plan required to achieve business objectives
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or other liberal arts discipline with a minimum of 10 years of communications or related experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Communications, or other liberal arts discipline with a minimum of 8 years of communications or related experience
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within deadlines
- Strong research skills with the ability to organize information and present results to business partners.
- Attention to detail in delving high quality results
- Creative problem solving skills
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced team environment
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret security clearance
- Must be able to work on-site in McLean, Virginia
- Must be able to travel as needed (up to 25% of the time)
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a Master’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- At least 1 year of experience in a science, technology, aerospace, defense business, academic institution, or government organization
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Communications
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-19