fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Communications Director for fairlife LLC is responsible for building mutually beneficial relationships internally and externally with media and other stakeholders to advance the reputation of fairlife LLC and its portfolio of dairy-based brands. This is a generalist Public Affairs & Communications (PAC) role responsible for all aspects of communications in fairlife’s Chicago-based headquarters.
- Develop image and reputation of fairlife LLC’s family of brands in the media and across all internal and external audiences
- Develop internal communications tools and programs to support employee engagement within fairlife LLC, including awareness of the business & people priorities
- Build strong relationships with key contacts in brands, media & creative agencies, community, customers and The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) in order to increase receptivity to fairlife’s communications
- Serve as company spokesperson to the media and other external audiences on critical issues and announcements
- Provide ongoing subject matter expertise and consultancy services to fairlife LLC management on the impact their business decisions have on key constituencies, including consumers, customers, TCCC, media, community, employees and other constituents
- Prepare fairlife LLC management to serve as effective media spokespersons
- Manage and oversee outside PR agency resources and related budgets
- Work closely with third-party groups and trade associations to ensure coordinated communication on matters impacting the dairy industry in the United States
- Serve as a subject matter expert on dairy beverages within TCCC’s PAC community
- Manage measurement tools and tactics to evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies
- Serve as a strong ambassador for fairlife’s brands in every interaction with outside stakeholders to effectively convey the company’s message to relevant audiences
- Serve as a leader and liaise between fairlife LLC and TCCC on incident management and crisis reporting (IMCR), consulting with TCCC PAC on corporate and brand communications, and networking for company, brand and personal development and career opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required
- 8-10+ years of progressive, related experience required with exposure in media relations, stakeholder/community engagement, and corporate/leadership communications
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
The following position is a job that would be employed directly with Fairlife, LLC and not with The Coca-Cola Company. Fairlife operates as a stand-alone business with the support and expertise of the Coca-Cola Company. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S. To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
position location: Chicago, IL
reports to: Chief Sustainability Officer
travel requirements: 25%
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email email@example.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18