Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
MedAxiom, a subsidiary of the American College of Cardiology, has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Director to join our collaborative and mission-oriented team in a full-time remote capacity.
This position oversees the editorial strategy and publications portfolio for the company. The communications director manages content development across MedAxiom’s communications channels, writing and editing a diverse array of content for a variety of audiences. The director works closely with the Marketing team on content development and distribution strategy for both internal and client/partner initiatives. This role is responsible for building and managing partnerships with cardiovascular trade publications, media, associations and other collaborators with the aim of propelling the company’s reputation and services in the industry.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the company’s editorial strategy and publications portfolio using a data-driven approach
- Serves as the company’s lead writer and copyeditor, developing content for both internal and external channels and audiences, including reports, white papers, case studies, articles and blogs
- Develops and manages the publications process from concept to completion, especially related to sponsored/industry-driven projects
- Works with the graphic design team on publication layout and derivative content; collaborates with the digital marketing team to track content performance
- Collaborates with cardiovascular trade publications and other healthcare partners on editorial content
- Works with other members of the Marketing team to collect and track relevant performance data on digital publications
- BA or BS, preferably in communications or similar field
- Minimum of 8-10 years of communications and editorial experience
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Experience in the healthcare field, preferably in the cardiovascular space
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with physicians, executives, contractors, consultants, clients and partners
- Ability to work within deadlines in a fast-paced editorial/publishing environment
- Experience with content marketing and communication channels
MedAxiom, an American College of Cardiology Company, is the cardiovascular community’s premier source for organizational performance solutions. MedAxiom is transforming cardiovascular care by combining the knowledge and power of hundreds of cardiovascular organization members, thousands of administrators, clinicians and revenue cycle experts, and dozens of industry partners. Through the delivery of proprietary tools, smart data and proven strategies, MedAxiom helps cardiovascular organizations achieve the Quadruple Aim of better outcomes, lower costs, improved patient experience and improved clinician experience.
For additional information, visit MedAxiom.com.
What We Offer:
As part of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) family, MedAxiom employees enjoy world-class benefits through the ACC. Our benefit offerings include insurance (medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and long-term disability, and supplemental options), generous paid time off (pre-loaded vacation and sick, 12 holidays and an organizational shut-down during the last week of the year, parental leave, 2 community service days, and half-day summer Fridays), tuition assistance and a very competitive 10% retirement contribution after a year of service, and much more! You can visit our careers site for an overview of our full offerings: https://www.acc.org/about-acc/jobs-at-the-acc. Please note that these offerings may change at any time.
MedAxiom and ACC believe in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations (California, Colorado, Washington) the base salary range for new hires is: $90-110k. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range based on factors including, experience, education, training, professional achievement, business need, and location. The salary ranges for other locations in the US will vary based on the local labor market; ACC’s Recruitment Team will be able to provide more information to candidates during initial discussions.
As an employer in the public health space, and an organization that serves members and partners who are essential medical personnel, MedAxiom requires all staff, temporary employees, and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before working onsite at MedAxiom or attending MedAxiom events. Proof of vaccination will be required. Individuals can request an exemption from this requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, and those requests for reasonable accommodations will be evaluated individually.
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
ACC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact Crystal Nott, Sr. Director, People Resources & Engagement at email@example.com or (202)375-6423.
Job posted: 2023-05-22