What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First®. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
As a member of the Communications team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for a great communicator who can understand the media landscape, where FBN fits into the news cycles, and how FBN differentiates It is also critical to be able to be able to adopt the point of view of the customer (farmers), and communicate the value of our offerings with that in mind. This person will need to hit the ground running creating editorial calendars, distilling complex and technical subjects into easy to understand, bridging FBN, farmers and the current ag landscape together. You thrive in a fast-paced, technology company.
From media outreach and project management, to message development and reporting, you will provide communications support across our business and farmer offerings. You will foster and maintain relationships with reporters across business, tech and trade press, and drive positive, impactful media coverage for the product.
Things happen quickly at Farmers Business Network, and to do great work you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across communications, marketing, the various businesses, product and sales.
What You’ll Do:
- Help drive messaging and narrative development for the FBN products and services externally, including media pitches, talking points, briefing documents, fact sheets, speaker pitches and more.
- Draft, edit and distribute press releases, media-facing marketing material and other communications, as needed.
- Ability to leverage existing relationships with local, regional and national media, and build new relationships in key target markets or ag and tech-specific areas.
- Plan and execute creative PR campaigns that will increase awareness of and drive demand for key areas of the business.
- Work with cross-functional partners across business units, sales, customer success and marketing to develop and refine communications content to ensure a consistent voice and effective storytelling.
- Launch new products, promote farmer stories, build thought leadership, and support content marketing campaigns, while simultaneously maintaining interests and awareness for the full ecosystem of products and services.
- Support the development and execution of corporate and product through leadership campaigns.
- Maintain media lists, coverage tracking and reporting, and industry trends.
- Analyze campaign performance and advise the promotional viability of future work.
- Compile information and draft company-specific nominations for various outlets and award categories.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in relevant public relations, media, marketing or communications experience working in a PR agency or with a mix of agency and in-house experience, preferably in the agriculture and/or tech spaces. business development, account management, or operational roles with significant external partner engagement.
- Creativity and communication skills > field of study.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgement in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues from across different offices.
- Demonstrate an ability and appreciation of working a relatively flat organization and very interactively with social media, content marketing, events and other colleagues across the organization.
- Experience working with PR tools, such as Cision, Meltwater, etc.
- Experience with PR monitoring, including social media data and analytics.
- Working familiarity with most (if not all) of the following: HTML, Excel, Google Docs, Gmail, and Calendar.
- Extremely proactive, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail and meticulous follow-through.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands or planned events including occasional off-site events.
- Ability to follow directions; multi-task and work quickly within a framework where priorities often shift and/or conflict.
- Passion for Farmers Business Network’s mission, agriculture, and the ability to thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environment; growing up on a farm a nice to have.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-18