Do you want to be a part of Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence journey? Azure AI Platform works at the forefront of AI product development, making AI accessible to every developer. We are passionate about infusing AI across every product in Microsoft and democratizing AI for our 1st and 3rd party customers.
We are seeking an internal-facing Communications/Program Manager to join the Chief of Staff’s team. We need someone who brings professional maturity to ensure the CVP’s executive presence is impactful, communications are professional, and the business management function runs smoothly. Be a key member of the Chief of Staff’s office, working directly with the Corporate Vice President and the most senior leaders across the company to dramatically impact the employee experience of thousands of people globally.
The ideal candidate will take on multiple projects with ease. We are looking for someone who can learn fast and confidently jump into projects while working with individuals at all levels of the organization. Day to day responsibilities will vary greatly; from drafting org-wise communications via All Hands, Community Channels and Org SharePoint, e-mail communications, to producing monthly newsletters as well as managing Exec presentations on AI Platform vision and strategy. The position requires an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills. We need someone who can understand the AI Platform strategy and turn it into effective communication. Our environment is rapidly changing which requires the individual to influence and collaborate in an ambiguous environment.
- Drive executive communications and content for the Corporate Vice President in the form of presentations, videos, newsletters, and emails
- Provide communications support for the Chief of Staff in her communication to the organization
- Manage group SharePoint sites and team channels
- Execute on special Programs/Projects
- Support/participate in strategic initiatives or cross-group projects, contributing to the overall group’s strategy
- Create, plan and develop communication approach for people programs including D&I initiatives, awards/recognition and morale events for the organization
- Identifying, document and following-up on issues and reporting to Senior Leadership
- Prepare exec e-mails and presentations
- Orchestrate all-hands meetings and coordinate staff meeting content
- Develop business processes, rhythm and tools to improve organizational efficiency
- Understand customer and/or stakeholder needs and connect emotionally with multiple audience types
- Adapt quickly to create storytelling themes in unique situations in support of One Microsoft
- Enhance storytelling by using an in-depth understanding of the reasons for others’ responses and communication styles
- Use creative channels to evangelize the unique aspects of, and enhance the reach of, key stories
Qualifications and Skills:
- Seasoned business professional with multi-disciplinary experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with ability to build positive working relationships
- Demonstrated analytical, problem resolution and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong personal drive and self-motivation
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and reprioritize as necessary to align with current business objectives
- Extremely organized with great attention to detail
Required work experience:
- 8+ years of relevant business experience
- An undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent business experience required.
- MBA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and experience managing and designing SharePoint sites
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Learn more here
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job posted: 2019-10-11