The EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases is seeking a creative and collaborative communications manager, focusing on content development and social media management.
The Communications Manager position is for someone looking to make a difference in the lives of others. The EveryLife Foundation works every day to improve the lives of the 30 million Americans suffering from one of 7,000 known rare diseases. We do this by educating and activating the patient community to ensure they are heard by policy makers in government and the healthcare industry.
The EveryLife Foundation’s Culture of Caring encourages team members to care about one another, care about their work and care about the patient community.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Communications, Marketing and Patient Engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and execution of public relations and communications strategies to support the Foundation’s programs and advance its mission;
- Write compelling content in a variety of formats, including social media, mass email, e-newsletter, blog post, press release, and marketing collateral;
- Manage day-to-day production and publication of social media content, building meaningful connections and encouraging community engagement;
- Evaluate the success of social media and email marketing campaigns and monitor activity using data analytics tools and sharing insights to help generate data-driven improvements;
- Promote brand standards and adhere to editorial style across all communication channels;
- Research emerging social media platforms, trends and opportunities, on an ongoing basis;
- Develop and execute the Foundation’s e-newsletter;
- Maintain email marketing database;
- Update websites on an ongoing basis;
- Research media opportunities;
- Capture photos for use in marketing materials;
- Source and produce promotional merchandise;
- Support event coordination;
- Complete special projects as assigned and required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Deep appreciation for the EveryLife Foundation’s mission;
- Bachelor’s degree and three-to-five years of experience in a PR, communications or marketing setting;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Diplomatic and collaborative work style;
- Detail oriented and not satisfied with a job until it is done right;
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deliver projects on time;
- Proficiency in graphic design software is a plus.
This is a full-time, direct-hire position. Compensation for this position is $55,000-$65,000 commensurate on experience and includes a competitive benefits package. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and may require occasional travel, weekend and evening work.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a current resume, cover letter and writing sample to Megan Pinegar at email@example.com.
Job posted: 2019-11-05