Alliance of Community Health Plans
ACHP is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced communications professional to help execute ACHP’s communications strategy to advance the organization’s vision and mission. This person will play a central role on the communications team of a fast-paced Washington, DC advocacy organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, exceptional writer and trusted multi-tasker, able to support ACHP’s member and external communications needs.
- Lead the creation of communications collateral, including press releases, blog posts, op-eds, member communications, e-newsletters, annual report and website copy.
- Assist Communications leader with driving consistent media coverage of ACHP and its initiatives.
- Play central role in pitching media and managing requests, facilitating interviews, developing talking points and official statements.
- Manage monitoring of daily headlines and clips, create and maintain media contact databases.
- Project manage multiple communications endeavors, including major publications. Work closely with vendors and external consultants.
- Research, strategize and complete submissions for external speaking opportunities and event participation for ACHP CEO, CMO and member plan leaders.
- Lead planning, programming and logistics for internal, member learning events, including major bi-annual conferences.
- Assist with speeches/presentations, including slide creation, for ACHP CEO and other leadership, as requested.
- Gather and develop member plan stories for use in advocacy and media efforts.
- Assist with social media content creation and execution.
- Collaborate with communications team to develop and implement communications and public affairs strategies and projects.
- Manage the Communications Department intern.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- At least 5 years communications experience in complex settings; health care and/or nonprofit communications experience a plus
- Ability to think creatively and strategically about communications in a fast-paced Washington, DC advocacy organization
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with an ability to boil down complex issues into compelling messaging
- Confidence working with the news media, including record of print and broadcast media placement
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail
- Superb project management abilities, capable of advancing multiple communications priorities and working independently under tight deadlines
- Experience in coordinating activities and managing relationships with stakeholders, consultants and external agencies.
- Functional proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop)
- Sense of humor, team-player, and dedication to ensuring access to affordable health care
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Communications Manager, along with your first initial and last name, in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Job posted: 2018-11-21