True Information Assurance (TRUE), LLC is seeking a Communications Officer in the DC Metro area.
Clearance: Active Secret
The Communications Officer will provide writing, publication, and administrative support services to Joint Service Provider (JSP). Your primary responsibilities are to assess the public affairs situation, advise senior leaders on public affairs issues, and assist them in making well-informed decisions, and translate the decisions into effective public affairs operations.
You will plan and execute communication strategies to achieve desired objectives and evaluate the effectiveness of the programs. You will analyze situations, anticipate issues, assess implications, and develop comprehensive operations to meet the information needs of internal and external audiences. You will also facilitate communications with various JSP partners and stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Communications Officer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Research and assist with drafting policy for senior leaders
- Respond to communications/media queries
- Plan and coordinate community events
- Develop and execute communication plans
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication activities
- Advise senior leaders on the implications of communications
- Communicate news and information to internal and external JSP audiences
- Work with Strategic and Customer Communications teams to generate timely, engaging, and accessible written material for publication.
- Draft and publish semi-frequent policies, procedures, guidance based on analysis, summary, and interpretation of client research.
- Draft and publish memorandums and various correspondence in response to or in advance of DoD decision cycles or developments related to mission issues.
- Interview key stakeholders, mission partners, and customers to inform development of “storytelling” material.
- Support writing efforts in collaboration with senior staff on web posts, op-eds, and mission briefs.
- Support copywriting for event announcements and relevant materials.
- Lead editing efforts for format related writing (e.g., memos, blogs, op-eds, research briefs).
- Lead editing efforts for newsletter drafts.
- Work effectively with Strategic and Customer communications staff throughout creation and publication production cycles.
- Edit/write effectively for publication to all audiences. Advise on publication mediums, including storyboarding videos, infographics, data visualizations, and social media.
- Advise on the agencies written communications to key audiences, including customer engagements and media information requests
- Developing training programming, conducting speaker research, producing supporting material, and executing training materials from the planning stage through implementation.
- Develop and maintain library of administrative documents and a process for keeping documents updated. Perform recurring updates to administrative documents, charters, memberships, and contact lists.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Processes and Procedures.
- Support the preparation, management, and facilitation of routine agency forums and activities, including (but not limited to): scheduling meetings; developing meeting support materials (agendas, topic briefs (for updates, information, and decision), meeting minutes, summary reports, etc.; tracking action items, and managing the use of tools, including web content management, that support the agencies processes, procedures and collaboration.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Combined five (5) years of related experience in the areas of writing and editing, creating publications and written documents for large audience/customer consumption, and speech/script preparation.
- Five (5) years minimum experience required. Ten (10) years preferred.
- Ability to perform and adapt in a high tempo, fast paced and fluid environment.
- Ability to apply effective and efficient written and communication skills engaging with various levels of colleagues, leadership and stakeholders.
Education, Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Sufficiently communicate in person and by phone.
- Prolonged periods on a computer.
Learn more here
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. True Information Assurance, LLC reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
True Information Assurance, LLC. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-07-27