Aptive is seeking a full-time Communications Specialist with demonstrated experience providing strong strategic and analytical thinking to deliver effective branding, marketing and public outreach. This individual will be responsible for creating collateral materials and outreach plans that align with overarching communication goals. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for standardizing messaging across the Office of Human Resources and Administration/Operations, Security and Preparedness (HR&A/OSP), promoting a unified communications approach.
This position requires strong customer interaction skills and a demonstrated ability to work with various stakeholders across multiple tasks. Experience developing and delivering compelling, informative and well written prose is a requirement. The successful candidate will be proactive with demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment, all while developing compelling stories, narratives, key messages and well written content. Candidate must be able to not only lead/support product development, but also work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, proactive problem solver and action-oriented team player with previous experience in management consulting, preferably for federal clients. This individual must be committed to providing superior service, poised under fast-paced pressure and have a positive and flexible attitude.
This mid-level, full-time position is in Washington, DC. This is a contingent hire position.
- 4 to 8 years of strategic communications, public relations and outreach experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience supporting large Cabinet-level federal agencies, ideally the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Ability to work onsite in Washington, DC and Alexandria, VA based on client need.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- U.S. citizen/Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Define and shape communications requirements, establishing effective metrics, and planning a long-term, integrated approach to communications.
- Generate an effective marketing strategy with a variety of print and electronic products.
- Develop communications products and content consistent with organizational branding.
- Complete stakeholder analysis activities and develop customized stakeholder personas.
- Design templates for marketing and outreach for program offices and create program-specific messages.
- Provide support for external communications activities ranging from speaking engagements at industry conferences to thought leadership articles in select journals or publications.
- Use GovDelivery platform to engage stakeholders, strengthen the HR&A/OSP brand and increase awareness and participation in programs and resources.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to communicate across most mediums and settings.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
- Experience creating and tailoring content to meet campaign objectives, target audience/segments goals and recommended strategies and tactics for all media channels.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with conceptual design, branding and marketing.
- Strong time management, creativity and problem-solving skills.
ABOUT THE CLIENT.
HR&A/OSP provides direction and oversight to major program areas headed by the Deputy Assistant Secretaries (DAS). The primary objective of HR&A/OSP Human Capital Initiatives is to develop the VA human capital into a proactive, forward-looking and professional workforce. These initiatives include a focus on improving the recruitment, hiring and retention of VA employees; investing in people development (e.g., skills and leadership training); supporting and developing the capabilities of our Senior Executive Service (SES) employees; and, striving to build a broad set of human resources capabilities to support the delivery of quality care and benefit services to Veterans and their families.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-02