ANSER enhances national and homeland security by strengthening public institutions. We provide thought leadership for complex issues through independent analysis and we deliver practical, useful solutions. ANSER values collaboration, integrity, and initiative and we are client focused in all that we do. Because we were established for the purpose of public service and not for profit, we measure our success in the impact of our service.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
ANSER is seeking a full-time, experienced Communications Specialist to provide communications, editorial and written support for senior Joint Staff leadership. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the development of high-level correspondence, including formal issuances (directives, manuals, guides), memorandums, and other executive correspondance.
- Develop and prepare written materials, to include but not limited to, talking points, presentations, official correspondence
- Analyze and evaluate documents for intended purpose, style, manner of presentation, organization, and proposed implementation and distribution based on relevant policies, directives and instructions.
- Edit incoming and outgoing documents to ensure strict conformance to U.S. Government and DoD formatting
- Manage, in partnership with the editorial staff, all content to ensure consistent tone.
- Manage writing preferences, style, tone, and approved information.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Interim Top Secret clearance and able to obtain an SCI if required//Active TS/SCI preferred
- Excellent command of spelling, grammar, and punctuation with a strong ability to ensure consistency in content and tone
- Expert level ability to write, edit, and revise documents intended for use at the highest level of Government
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office programs and services
EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree or above in English, communications, or related field
- Seven years of experience providing communications support to sensitive and high-profile programs, preferably with DoD
- Prior success working in a fast-paced and challenging environment that requires multiple, simultaneous quick turn requirements
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with ANSER, please call 703-416-2000 or e-mail Recruiting@anser.org
ANSER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek individuals from a broad variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience who have a desire to do meaningful work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-08