Corporate Communications Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant communications work experience.
- Experience in journalism, reporting, and media.
- Experience sourcing, researching and writing creative, engaging stories.
- A keen sense of what drives the media to invest time in story development.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Proven communicator (i.e. excellent written and verbal communications skills).
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
You have a proven record of developing and publicizing compelling stories and have a proven record of building relationships with a variety of different media outlets. You’ll help us find and publicize great cross-company campaigns, and profiles of interesting work and employees.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you’ll you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Go deep within Google to discover, research and publicize interesting and compelling stories about what’s going on across the company
- Lead and manage cross-company campaigns, honing in on interesting content and Googler profiles highlighting Google’s values and products
- Work closely with various teams to develop compelling profiles highlighting Googlers and Google teams doing interesting and impactful work
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners and influencers in the tech, business and consumer press
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-29