Full Job Description
We are looking for an experienced (or aspiring) Creative Director to join our dynamic team. True Blue Strategies is a small but mighty public affairs agency that helps clients create real, meaningful change in the world. We partner with companies and organizations to promote their brand and reputation through strategic audits, targeted communications and high stakes campaigns that drive change at the local and national level.
This is a dream job if you want to work on political, environmental and social causes, are a strategic thinker, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work collaboratively within cross-functional teams; direct the creative marketing, advertising, and PR initiatives for us and help lead and implement the strategic and creative vision.
*This is the perfect job for someone who rejects the silos of a corporate environment, believes in making a positive impact in the world, and who likes to have their hands in all aspects of the creative process—from strategic thinking to doing whatever’s needed to get a project out the door.
*What you’ll do
- Bring new and unexpected ideas to the table: You’ll be essential in strategy, content considerations and design solutions.
- Work with clients: You’ll be brought into key client meetings to present big ideas, and to hear directly from them about their strategic needs.
- Work from concept to design: You’ll conceptualize, execute and produce a variety of communications, including traditional and digital media campaigns, collateral materials, identity work, front-end digital design and more.
- Art direction: You’ll provide creative direction to a wide range of production artists on our team, including web developers, video teams, animators, copywriters, and more.
- Anything else that’s needed on the team to produce best-in-class work
- 8+ year’s experience in design and art direction, with some experience in copywriting direction in an agency setting or similar. (Your portfolio should show a wide range of skills.)
- Excellent presentation skills, along with strong written and verbal communications.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources for short- and long-term projects, while taking it all in stride.
A day in the life at True Blue*
*A typical day for you in our (virtual) office might include:
- Concepting a digital media campaign on behalf of a trade organization to show their commitment to environmental stewardship.
- Directing a graphic designer on social media graphics production, or even knocking out a few yourself if needed.
- Creating a fact sheet for a Washington, DC-audience about the need for specific legislation.
- Working on a website prototype or concept for a campaign splash page.
- Designing a proposal for potential new business in collaboration with an account manager and copywriter.
- Updating a presentation deck.
- Concepting spec work for a billboard and print ad campaign.
- Meeting with the True Blue ’s Digital Marketing team on a digital organizing project.
- Checking in with the video team on a 30-second spot.
- Ensuring an animator is making progress on a motion graphics piece.
- Directing an HTML5 developer on a banner ad.
And the next day might look entirely different!
At True Blue Strategies, we believe that real, meaningful change starts with a commitment to innovation. We are leaders in the digital advocacy space, creating effective grassroots campaigns, social media programs, and digital advertising campaigns that result in real change. This last year, we won Public Affairs Firm of the year from Campaigns & Elections, which was a testament to our creative thinking and out-of-the-box strategies.
- Our team is Mac-based.
- We are a digital-first company — we make websites, social media content, buy online media and create digital activism campaigns.
- Our team is highly collaborative; we’re all here to help each other succeed.
- Experience with causes, political work, nonprofits, NGOs, issues, tribes, corporate reputation or government agencies a plus.
- Salary is $80,000-$120,000 DOE.
For now, we are virtual, but later in 2021 we plan to have an office again. In the future, we plan to be flexible with working from home, with some days required for in-person meetings.
- 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. work hours, with some flexibility required.
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% match.
- 100% health insurance paid (medical, dental, vision).
- Annual end-of-year bonus.
- Paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Visual design: 5 years (Required)
- Social media marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-28