A progressive New England-based campaign seeks an experienced Digital Director to develop and implement engaging digital and social strategy that can help reach new audiences, mobilize volunteers, and motivate voters. The Digital Director – a senior staff position – will be responsible for all digital content, implementing existing and defining new best practices across social channels and integrating digital organizing into volunteer and voter engagement tactics.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative self-starter, well-versed in how digital channels can enhance political engagement and eager to develop and deploy eye-catching content. Applicants should have prior experience implementing digital strategy that includes social media account management, designing content and creative assets, email marketing, and using digital tools to support field organizing.
This is a full-time position with benefits that will last through 2021.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and implementing short-term and long-term digital communications strategies that include social, email, website, and SMS;
• Managing and maintaining multiple social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube), keeping them updated with creative, engaging, and timely content
• Managing digital projects for website and social channels, including graphic design, video production, copywriting, and website development
• Overseeing and growing a digital fundraising and email program, implementing best practices to improve engagement, grow email list, and strengthen online fundraising
• Analyzing and optimizing digital program metrics and efficacy across platforms, including social media engagement, website traffic, and CRM data from sign-up forms and email outreach
• Coordinating and maintaining vendor relationships for digital tools as necessary
• Identifying new ways to integrate digital organizing into volunteer and voter engagement tactics;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing political and advocacy social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), including coordinating rapid response
• Experience developing and implementing creative, engaging, and timely digital content calendars, with an understanding of message delivery for complex issues;
• Experience managing email marketing and digital fundraising, implementing best practices and tracking CRM performance
• Demonstrated proficiency in graphic design tools (Adobe Creative Suite), video editing, website design, NGP, and HTML coding;
• Prior experience leading teams or directing staff
Successful applicants will be expected to re-locate when it is safe to do so.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2020-10-22