Digital Media Coordinator
At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us become the largest producer and marketer of biofuels in the world.
The Digital Media Coordinator will be a valued member of the Government Affairs and Communications (GAC) Team at POET. Each member of the GAC Team plays a key role in how team members, investors and external stakeholders, policy leaders and the general public perceive POET.
The Digital Media Coordinator will assist with management of POET’s day-to-day social media as well as develop internal and external digital content. The ideal candidate will have a knack for producing creative digital content and writing engaging captions, in addition to possessing graphic design skills and knowledge of best practices for social media. The Digital Media Coordinator may also assist with management, design and copywriting for POETs websites, videos, mobile applications and web-based tools.
A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, collaborative and fast-paced environment. The Digital Media Coordinator reports to the Communications Manager, Engagement.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE:
- Work collaboratively with the GAC team and outside vendors on a dynamic social media content strategy to strengthen and advance the company’s profile and brand while increasing POET’s follower and engagement numbers.
- Ensure that the strategic direction and message is executed consistently and properly to align with the POET brand throughout social media and POET’s external communications platforms.
- Research audience preferences and stay up-to-date on current social platforms, tools and trends.
- Develop, review, approve and post engaging text, image and video content to social channels.
- Assist with selection of appropriate influencers and partnership and sponsorship opportunities that help further POET’s brand and overall messaging.
- Create, launch, and monitor social media ads in addition to monitoring daily comments, engagement and direct messages to POET’s digital profiles.
- Monitor and report on social media data and analytics.
- Measure performance, provide recommendations and help optimize existing media campaigns.
- Collaborate with the GAC team to enhance media relations strategies related to social media support of the company’s news, events and policy initiatives; leverage exposure and promotion of news and events through online visibility.
- Assist with management, design and content development for various other internal and external communications activities (Sociabble, graphics, events, plant network communications, etc.) as needed.
- Support the Communications Manager, Engagement, Communications Specialist, and other members of the GAC team as needed.
STRENGTH OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrated ability to generate creative and well-designed web, mobile or social media content to help tell the company’s story
- Proficient writing and graphic design skills
- Basic photo and video editing skills
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, social reporting platforms and Google Analytics
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines as well as generate new content and manage projects independently
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Organized, detail-oriented and enjoys working collaboratively
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Digital Media or a related field require
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Full Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center and Wellness Facilities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s our code.
- Not a lot of physical labor as most of your time will be in the office at your desk where you can sit or stand.
Learn more here
To review a complete job description click here.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-10-29