At Burness, we promote ideas that inspire and drive social change worldwide — and we are looking for a Digital Strategist to join our team.
In the past three decades we have worked with over 500 nonprofits here in America and around the world. Our partners are changemakers in spaces like health, science, education, social policy, agriculture and forestry, global development and more.
You are a great fit for this role if you are able to:
- Develop and execute successful digital engagement and awareness campaigns across platforms (social, email, digital ads, video, websites and more) that are grounded in digital best practices and data-driven.
- Write, edit and/or create various types of digital content that is on-brand, optimized for each platform and creative enough to stand out in constantly-moving feeds and overcrowded inboxes. You should also be able to translate research, data or policy actions into digital and social content that compels target audiences to act and engage.
- Lead teams in brainstorms and planning sessions that result in digital strategies that are laser-focused on partners’ goals, directly related to broader communications plans and fresh ideas tailored to the tone and audience of each partner
- Juggle multiple pressing needs throughout the day using time management and prioritization strategies
- Confidently lead client-facing calls, strategy sessions, and in-person meetings
- Adhere to specific budgets, never miss deadlines and project manage with the best of them
You may find yourself doing these types of things from day to day:
- Leading a digital audit for a client and writing a digital strategy based on findings
- Conducting online research, e.g., social listening or media planning
- Setting strategy for a creative product, e.g., made-for-social video or ad digital campaign
- Producing creative or digital content when it fits with interests/skills, e.g., editing video clips for social, creating graphics, drafting ad copy, sourcing photos
- Managing advertising or email campaigns, from strategy to implementation to reporting
- Managing website projects, from strategy to launch
If you are looking to be a leader in all things digital for clients big and small both here in the U.S. and around the world, this job could be the job for you. Two to five years of experience in digital content strategy and creation, digital project management, website project management, and/or digital advertising preferred.
In this role you will report to the Director of Digital Strategy. Burness offers an extensive benefits package, competitive pay and an overall great place to work.
Send resume, a short note why you think this is the job for you, and clips/links to relevant work to email@example.com and put “Digital Strategist opening” in the subject line of the email.
Job posted: 2020-09-15