Looking for a change? Do you like making change too? Then find an organization that welcomes it. We encourage you to not just make a move but make one with meaning. Padilla is home to a group of talented people who grow build and protect some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re a multi-faceted agency that celebrates our people, honors their potential and makes every effort to enable a safe place for you to build and grow your career. From how we work to who we work with and what we love to do, there are ample opportunities to learn and to lead in our teams across all of our clients. Other pluses? Fun committees – and great celebrations. Fulfilling mentorship and volunteer opportunities. And caring co-workers who love creating award-winning work. Come and change things up with Padilla. We’ll help you be your best.
This role can sit in Minneapolis, MN, New York, NY or Richmond, VA.
The Digital Strategist is responsible for the successful management of cohesive digital strategy for our clients’ brands. The role requires a creative yet methodical thinker who can connect digital to all aspects of a client’s marketing mix, helping to drive growth opportunities and innovative solutions online. While day-to-day efforts largely focus on creating, measuring and iterating clients’ websites, you will also develop and implement email marketing strategies, advise on paid media programs and use available user data to inform social media content strategies.
The Digital Strategist asks and answers key questions about where and how digital platforms sit within a target audience’s decision-making journey, and thus, how brands ought to be communicated and experienced online.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
Lead clients and internal teams in identifying business objectives, researching the competitive landscape and defining requirements that lead to effective digital marketing and website user experience recommendations.
Leverage tools like Hotjar and Google Analytics and analyze available data to use those learnings to guide internal teams in defining scopes of work that lead to purposeful, executable projects. Once launched, you will analyze digital marketing performance (e.g., a website, paid media program, email marketing campaigns, etc.) and provide actionable insights that influence future optimizations and ongoing content strategy.
Play a vital role in promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring effective and measurable outcomes. Be a part of a fast-paced environment and key player in decision making.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Providing specific guidance across integrated, multi-channel programs by partnering with team leads whose charter is to introduce or enhance social, mobile, web, email or paid strategies across digital ecosystems
- Collaborating with colleagues and clients on integrated programs that drive target audiences from awareness through action in ways that contribute to client business success
- Uncovering business and user needs that lead to innovative digital recommendations
- Analyzing granular data, problem solve and providing big-picture thinking
- Communicating complex data with clear and actionable insights
- Leading website discovery sessions with clients and internal team members and contribute to discovery research
- Partnering with internal research, planning and branding teams to help develop, support and facilitate strategic digital research. This could include, but is not limited to, activities such as competitive analysis, UX research and campaign testing
- Staying abreast of industry best practices, new digital intelligence technologies and advancements in digital measurement to ensure that the team is always improving, and delivering advanced, innovative solutions for our clients
- Organizing and implementing digital goal-setting sessions involving team members, internal teams and clients
- Identifying, implementing and reporting on digital solutions grounded in insights to inform KPIs
- Partnering with team/channel leads to develop measurement plans
- Implementing integrated dashboards for monitoring performance against established KPIs
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience; GAIQ certified
- 4+ years of previous digital strategy experience
- Understanding of website/app development processes
- Ability to lead IA/sitemap development, UX research, event tracking/goal conversion planning and digital content strategy, leverage target audience/SEO research
- Firm grasp of emerging and current digital tools, e.g., SEMrush, Hotjar, Google Data Studio, Google Tag Manager, WordPress, as well as various email marketing and paid media platforms
- Ability to understand the application of digital analytics to strategic communications and brand-building programs as well as broad business needs
- Dashboard creation and full-funnel performance reporting (ability to incorporate data from Marketo, Salesforce, etc. is a plus)
- B2C and B2B email marketing experience, with ability to contribute to vendor audits, strategy development, content planning, implementation and measurement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to distill large amounts of data into simple language and action plans
- Good time management and relationship-building skills
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and occasionally operate office equipment
- Ability to travel as needed (when safe)
BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Proficiency in other BI platforms; Tableau, DOMO and Adobe Analytics experience a plus
- Experience leading CRM/automation marketing programs
- Experience working with CRM outputs and integrating relevant data into dashboard reporting tools
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics implementation best practices, and hands-on practical experience managing complex implementations
- Social media strategy, community management or listening experience
Padilla is an independently operated, globally resourced public relations and communication company with offices across the United States. The agency builds, grows and protects brands and reputations worldwide by creating purposeful connections with the people who matter most through public relations, advertising, digital and social marketing, investor relations and brand strategy. Padilla includes the brand consultancy of Joe Smith, the food and nutrition experts at FoodMinds, and the research authorities at SMS Research Advisors. Clients include 3M, Avocados from Mexico, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, Cargill Animal Nutrition, Dole Food Company, Mayo Clinic, Prosciutto di Parma, Rockwell Automation, Sanofi Pasteur, U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council and Welch’s. Padilla is an AVENIR GLOBAL company and is a founding member of the Worldcom Public Relations Group, a partnership of 132 independently owned partner offices in 115 cities on six continents. Connect with purpose at PadillaCo.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-04