Director, Corporate Communications
We have an immediate opportunity for a corporate communications professional with deep automotive and transportation experience and a background in corporate communications, internal communications, marketing and consumer engagement experience.
By joining our Washington, D.C. team, you will be connecting to colleagues who are open-minded, collaborative, diverse and curious – and passionate about their work. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
The successful candidate will be self-directed and motived to win for your clients everyday. We are an integrated agency, so while the role sits in the corporate communications practice, you’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, sustainability and corporate responsibility, media relations and stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in food and consumer products, healthcare, tech, financial, energy and nonprofit sectors.
- Leads day-to-day strategic communications account work, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile, globally recognized clients
- Independently oversees large accounts, serving as account lead and/or primary point of contact
- Supports and facilitates new business development efforts for APCO with a specific emphasis on helping to guide the new business pitch process
- Interacts independently and directly with and counsels practice leads, office, and regional leadership on competitive new business opportunities
- Helps to manage and direct a new business team of four APCO professionals (all of whom maintain client-facing roles)
- Maintains a client facing role within APCO commensurate with prior experience and aptitude
- Articulates and applies agency vision, goals, practice areas, products, and overall capabilities
- At least 10 years of PR/corporate communications experience required
- Deep automotive and transportation experience and a background in corporate communications, internal communications, marketing and consumer engagement experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills including the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Project management experience including overseeing a team and managing deliverables
- Collegial, collaborative and excited help lead a growing team of corporate communication professionals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-23