Director of Corporate Communications
Perdue Farms is a family-owned food and agriculture company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. We were founded on trust—a value that carries through everything we do. Perdue Foods is a leader in Premium Proteins and Perdue AgriBusiness ranks among the top US grain companies.
The Director of Corporate Communications is responsible for planning and implementing various internal and external communications projects for Perdue Farms. This role is engaged in all stages of communications initiatives – including concept formulation, execution, message development and strategic counsel. The successful candidate must have a strong background in both internal and external communications, including experience in both corporate and product public relations. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, a proven ability to consistently make sound judgments, engage and build trust with senior executives and effectively collaborate with others while driving measurable results.
- Develops and executes multiplatform communications strategies and plans.
- Assists in directing Perdue’s earned media strategy, to support the company’s strategic business priorities and measurably enhance the company’s reputation.
- Edits and copywrites for all internal and external communications.
- Handles crisis communications and provide communications support for recalls and market withdrawals, business interruptions and other unplanned events.
- Assists other departments with communication needs and communication planning; act as a trusted advisor to the leadership team on communication subjects.
- Develops and executes strategies and messages to support effective, timely and accurate communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Plans and oversees media outreach and events, including, but not limited to, story pitching, press releases and media materials and media tours. Serves as company spokesperson as needed.
- Measures communication program effectiveness and adjusting as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related major plus 7-10 years in-house or agency public relations or communications experience. Must have experience with a consumer-facing company and or knowledge of food and agriculture production.
- Candidate must be a self-starter who works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with media, including experience as a company spokesperson.
- Detail-oriented, analytical thinker comfortable working with executive level decision makers.
- Skilled in synthesizing complex business and industry issues/concepts into relevant and compelling communications for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work with executive level decision makers.
- Ability to create content across a full range of media.
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting internal and client materials and correspondence.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
Learn more here
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-06-01