The Director of Corporate Communications will lead a team of senior communications professionals charged with protecting and enhancing Hilton’s reputation. The Director will oversee the Corporate Public Relations and Corporate Affairs functions and will develop best-in-class communications programs to support Hilton’s strategic priorities and communicate the company’s performance. The Director of Corporate Communications will help tell the story of the Hilton’s nearly 100-year history of innovation and hospitality, and guide efforts to advance the company’s crisis and issue management capability.
What will I be doing?
- Direct Hilton’s corporate earned media strategy, to support the company’s strategic business priorities and measurably enhance the company’s reputation
- Deliver strategic communication initiatives and use authentic stories to support the company’s enterprise brand, corporate responsibility and key workplace initiatives
- Work with brand, regional and social media teams to promote Hilton’s vision, business, Executive Committee and Team Members
- Guide efforts to advance the expertise, process, and resources supporting Hilton’s global crisis and issue management capability
- Manage the company’s response to significant geopolitical and industry issues that may adversely affect Hilton’s reputation
- Oversee financial communications related to public reporting, including development of the Hilton Annual Report and distribution of quarterly earnings announcements, working with Investor Relations, Financial Reporting and Legal
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders inside and outside of the company, including with influential business, political, and social media contacts
- Maintain close relations with industry and trade associations to ensure Hilton is appropriately represented in the public domain
- Serve as a trusted adviser to senior Hilton executives and internal business partners
- Direct and develop a team of communications professionals, assigning work that supports Hilton’s business goals and delivers valuable professional development
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
- Ability to direct collaborative efforts of resources throughout the Hilton organization, including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups as appropriate
- A motivational and inspirational leader who personifies hospitality
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience
- A minimum of seven (7) years of communications experience, preferably within a large global organization and/or a top-tier communications agency
- A minimum of two (2) years of managerial experience
- Experience creating, implementing and measuring corporate owned, earned, and social media strategies
- Experience advising senior executives and overseeing a company’s response to sensitive corporate topics, including crisis and issue management
- Experience managing financial communications for a publicly listed organization
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Ability to be available/accessible during non-traditional hours if needed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional experience
- A minimum of four (4) years of Director level experience
- Hospitality industry experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job Posted: August 30, 2017