Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Energy Policy Communications
PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications, digital, advertising and media buying. PLUS means more!
PLUS Communications is looking for a Director to provide public affairs and policy expertise, communications strategy and messaging direction, strategic planning, and client relationship management for a large-scale client in the energy industry.
Your day in this position includes:
- Serving as a key advisor to the client – providing counsel on day-to-day communications efforts and long-term strategies.
- Develop strategic messaging and communications plans around complex energy policy issues.
- Serving as a resource in the energy space for targeted reporters – for background conversations about relevant policy issues.
- Crafting narratives by distilling complex energy policy and regulatory information into tangible messaging for a variety of audiences.
- Developing, writing, and editing media and messaging materials (such as press releases, talking points, media statements, opinion pieces, fact sheets).
- Serving as a liaison between PLUS’ internal team, the client, other agency partners and external vendors.
This job may be for you, if you:
- Exhibit deep, technical knowledge on energy policy.
- Have proven experience crafting communication plans and messages about energy issues and policy.
- Can work together with our clients’ public affairs teams to develop strategic communication plans.
- Can identify and communicate the nuances of energy policy to key stakeholders.
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Have a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Can balance a high-volume workload while maintaining attention to the details.
- Can motivate a team to deliver high-quality results in challenging situations.
- Are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter the time commitment.
What we require:
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in public policy – on Capitol Hill, in the administration or at a think tank
- Deep and technical knowledge of energy policy.
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Experience managing comprehensive communications campaigns.
- Experience working directly with press and a rolodex of energy or sustainability reporters.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
- Proven experience in writing and editing materials and a strong understanding of AP Style.
Benefits you will receive:
We offer competitive compensation with an opportunity for a year-end bonus. Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance. We also offer a paid parental leave program, paid vacation and paid sick leave. In addition, we have a work from home hybrid environment.
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Job posted: 2023-05-25