Director of Marketing & Communication
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a creative and energetic Director of Marketing & Communications who will be responsible for the identification of PNRI’s strategic marketing goals, as well as the development and execution of the tactical plans to accomplish them. In addition, the position is responsible for the development and delivery of the communication materials in support of achieving the goals, ensuring consistency in branding and messaging content. The position will work closely with the Director of Development in developing and executing marketing and communication programs to support the Institute’s fundraising efforts. In conjunction with the Executive team, the candidate will identify internal communication needs for the organization and will develop and execute plans to meet the needs.
The ideal candidate must be able to understand complex scientific information, theories and practices, and translate the information into clear, concise and accurate language that can be understood by the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with Development Department, develop and execute strategic marketing programs in support of development goals.
- Develop and distribute communication materials to reach target audiences through a variety of channels, including website, social media, newsletters and direct mail.
- Develop and distribute communication materials for specific purposes, including annual report, development events and public relations.
- Lead and implement PNRI’s internal communications efforts.
- Ensure all communications adhere to organizational brand and messaging guidelines and work to strengthen core brand values.
- Generate audience-relevant communications from complex scientific concepts for delivery on multiple communication platforms.
- Continuously evaluate and adjust marketing programs to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Execute the organization’s PR strategy and plan, including media relations, feature stories and byline articles, public speaking and awards programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication or related field.
- 5+ years in marketing or communications role, preferably in a scientific research environment
- Understanding of essential scientific concepts relevant to the Institute’s mission
- Experience working in support of development fundraising
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Job posted: 2020-04-29