Consumer Brands continues to monitor federal, state and local guidance and vaccination progress in the region. While this position will interview, onboard and work remotely for the near term, this role will be expected to be available weekly in the DC-Metro area as a safe return to face-to-face meetings evolves.
The director, marketing is part creative mastermind and part project manager, identifying opportunities and crafting unique ways to increase awareness and interest in association membership, services, products and events. Reporting to the EVP, Industry Engagement and working in a highly cross-functional role, this person is responsible for the creation, development and execution of marketing initiatives that spark interest, generate momentum and drive revenue growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Copywriting and Creative Execution
- Understand and articulate the association’s value proposition and craft key messaging documents and collateral for all revenue-generating activities.
- Create and execute marketing plans for virtual, hybrid and in-person events, including our premier C-suite event.
- Oversee SmartBrief vendor relationship and grow product into a strategic asset, managing creation and submission of daily content, ensuring brand alignment, approving and monitoring special sends, and identifying additional revenue opportunities.
- Partner cross-functionally and with vendors to create promotional materials and implement a drumbeat of communications to increase membership interest and program visibility.
- Lead social and digital content strategy for event and product marketing; partner with colleagues to bring those campaigns to life.
Product Visibility and Project Management
- Create opportunities to increase awareness and interest in revenue-generating activities, including membership, events, educational products and the SmartLabel program.
- Contribute to planning and execution of virtual and in-person events, including programming and content, pricing, promotion and creation of new events.
- Collaborate internally to identify opportunities to monetize existing efforts and grow organization revenue.
- Partner with Communications on the organization’s website to identify opportunities to showcase products, services and marketing narrative.
- Ensure all work outputs and services are successfully integrated with other departments and ongoing communications campaigns.
Experience & Education
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in marketing, communications or a related field required.
- 5-7 years of related employment required.
- Fundraising, trade association or nonprofit experience a plus.
- Excellent creative writing ability with expertise in crafting compelling copy for various channels that persuades audiences to act.
- Exceptional collaborator and internal communicator.
- Resourceful and a thoughtful steward of organizational resources and ROI.
- Demonstrated ability to create print and digital promotional materials including ads, videos, webpages and marketing kits.
- Entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment, willing to tackle both big strategic challenges and implement tactical tasks simultaneously.
- Strong project manager with experience working across different internal teams and with external vendors to bring marketing plans to life.
- Knowledge of appealing graphic design and layout.
- High attention to detail; understanding of AP style a plus.
- Receptive to feedback and direction and in search of constant self-improvement.
- Adaptive to change.
- Passion for learning issues and driving results.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take direction and prioritize work.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-03