Director of Communications
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle’s mission is to empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers on the West Coast who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot.
We don’t want to be just another food delivery startup. Our focus is on the health and happiness of our customers, and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale.
Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including PowerPlant Ventures – a leading investor in the plant-based space.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an ambitious and strategic Director of PR and Communications to join the Thistle team. This person will be the first dedicated Communications hire and will head up all PR and Communications efforts for the company. This person will be responsible for building the company’s PR strategy, pitch media and manage an agency. The ideal candidate will have great media contacts throughout the publishing and media landscape as well as proven creative and strategic experience. They will have experience securing placements and brand or founder profile stories for local and national media coverage.
This role will be a part of our newly remote Marketing team and will report directly to our Chief Marketing Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Set objectives for the PR team and monitor team members’ performance
- Maximize brand presence on various channels(e.g. web, TV and social media)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Arrange interviews and press releases to promote our company and its products/services
- Ensure brand consistency in all advertising efforts
- Organize PR events to increase awareness of our company
- Assign tasks and projects to the PR team
- Track and influence media coverage
- Report on PR campaigns’ results
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain company’s good reputation
What You’ll Bring
- Proven work experience as a Public Relations(PR) Director, PR Manager or similar role in fast growth startup environment
- Passionate about the health and wellness industry and strong interest in driving social impact messaging
- Identifiable experience coordinating successful PR campaigns
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook and Twitter
- Creative abilities
- Team management skills
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with key professionals
- BSc in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
Life at Thistle
- Join a kind, diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Generous Employee Discount
- Team-building and Frequent Wellness Events(remote-friendly)
- Comprehensive health benefits(medical, dental, vision) to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation & sick policy
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Apple equipment
Alignment With Thistle’s Core Values:
You are able to collaborate and build strong cross-functional relationships and believe whole-heartedly in the importance of fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment.
You are a self-starter with a bias towards action, are driven to succeed and have the ability to lead in a quickly changing business environment.
Make A Lot With A Little
You have experience juggling competing prioritizes and can drive projects forward regardless of resource constraints.
Lead With Purpose
You are passionate aboutThistle’s mission around health, wellness, and sustainability
Build the Future
You are genuinely motivated by the challenge of creating the strongest and highest value customer experience possible.
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we’ll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we’re represented and we belong. We’re proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-21