Director of Communications
We are seeking a highly diligent, confident candidate with substantial management experience for the role of Communications Director. The position comes with great responsibility, as Communications Directors are accountable for public perception of the state agency. Managing this perception involves developing communication strategies, understanding the importance of timing and setting, responding to crises and setbacks, overseeing a team of diverse communications roles and ensuring that information released is consistent with the strategy at large.
Communications Director Responsibilities:
- Developing a cohesive communications strategy.
- Assembling and overseeing a diversely skilled communications team.
- Crisis management and preemptive planning.
- Cultivating an environment of readiness and alertness.
- Maintaining an awareness of company risks and threats.
- Projecting a positive company image to the public.
- Managing media relations.
- Managing a communications budget.
- Ensuring quality control of all information released.
Communications Director Requirements:
- MBA or advanced degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years communications experience.
- Extensive list of media contacts.
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- Strong and confident leadership.
Interested applicants need to go to birddogrecruitment.com on the candidate tab and submit a resume.
Job posted: 2019-09-16