Director Of Public Affairs
L’Oreal Director Public Affairs
L’Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L’Oréal Group, the worldwide leader in beauty. L’Oréal USA manages a portfolio of 36 iconic global beauty brands, including Clarisonic, Essie Cosmetics, Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline New York, NYX Professional Makeup, Redken, Soft-Sheen Carson, Carol’s Daughter, Urban Decay and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. In addition to corporate headquarters in New York City, L’Oréal USA has Research & Innovation, Manufacturing & Distribution facilities and brand headquarters across 14 other states with a workforce of more than 10,000 employees.
- L’Oréal USA seeks a Director to join the Public Affairs team within the Corporate Communications Department to contribute to the advancement of the company’s strategic objectives through proactive engagement with the stakeholders that make and influence public policy.
Role & Responsibilities
- Partner with the Head of US Public Affairs and other team members to provide the business with subject matter expertise on government affairs, public policy areas and issues management.
- Monitor and provide insights on the implications of pending federal and state legislation, government policies, NGOs/other stakeholder and competitor strategies on the L’Oréal USA business and reputation.
- Support the development of L’Oréal USA’s public policy and issues management positions, in line with L’Oréal Group strategy.
- Support engagement with Policymakers, NGOs and other key opinion leaders to effectively advocate or educate on L’Oréal USA’s positions, achievements and future goals.
- Support the development of tools to advance public affairs objectives for education and advocacy purposes with Policymakers, NGOs and other key opinion leaders.
- Support the development and execution of integrated public affairs projects to leverage full range of channels to reach public affairs audiences, including advocacy and industry relations, events and sponsorships, and employee activation.
- Partner with the Head of US Public Affairs and other team members on company participation in industry trade associations and cross-functional alignment internally.
- Build and maintain strategic networks of key internal stakeholders, locally and globally.
- Coordinate and communicate proactively with internal stakeholders to effectively collaborate and inform
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs, Public Policy, Political Science, Political Communications, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of cumulative experience within Federal or State Government, a Political Campaign, NGO or Public Affairs/Communications consulting firm preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the political process at the federal, state and local levels.
- Strong executive presence and communication/presentation skills to engage senior leaders.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and business acumen.
- Previous experience working in a matrixed organizational structure with the ability to work independently, be proactive, and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with evolving deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-16