Director, Public Affairs
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a Director, Public Affairs to be located at any J&J U.S. location, or remotely from within the U.S.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The Leader Public Affairs will develop and implement a global public affairs strategy positioning JJMDC as a healthcare leader, raising our reputation, and positively pushing our business objectives forward.
- Develop global Public Affairs (leading with North America/US) strategies and tactics aligned to commercial priorities and integrated into regional / priority country plans
- Develop advocacy/stakeholder engagement plans and build relationships with key advocates
- Identify and lead environmental shaping efforts (stakeholder mapping, public policy scans, access and strategy development and execution) to further develop JJMDC’s global thought leadership, and to prepare the regional and country environment for launch of new and existing assets
- Keen understanding of US Government Affairs, and OUS public affairs capabilities
- Work closely with media relations and digital media teams for successful implementation and coordination of communications efforts
- Environmental shaping efforts to further develop JJMDC’s global thought leadership
- Implement trainings and learnings both internally and externally
- Oversee consultant and agency relationships
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with J&J policy, regulatory and legal obligations
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience And Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience is required.
- Deep subject matter expertise in Public Affairs/Healthcare/Government or other large matrix organization; external communications; experience shaping strategy for large complex businesses and linking in with local/sector/franchise leaders.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience working closely with media relations and digital media teams for successful implementation and coordination of communications efforts.
- Demonstrated experience as a forward thinking leader in public affairs.
Travel of up to 10% may be required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-17