Director, Public Relations and Corporate Communications
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
The Director of Public Relations and Communications will play an essential role in SunPower’s rapidly growing U.S. residential and commercial solar business. You will have an important leadership role in the Marketing and Channel Enablement Team managing public relations and external communications while supporting SunPower’s nationwide program for dealer partners, homebuilders and our direct sales force.
The Director of Public Relations and Communications will design and implement strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness. You will write effective press releases, engage media to drive earned placements in relevant publications and use innovative ideas to drive PR initiatives that will drive long-term success. You will coordinate with internal teams to maximize brand consistency in all communication efforts. Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, while ensuring strong online and offline brand presence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop PR and communications strategy for SunPower’s North American business
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with media and influential professionals
- Maximize brand presence through earned media
- Arrange interviews and author press releases to promote SunPower and its products/services
- Ensure brand consistency in all externally focused communications
- Organize PR events to increase company awareness
- Serve as media spokesperson
- Track and influence media coverage
- Report on PR campaign results
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain SunPower’s strong reputation
Related Experience and Educational requirements:
- Proven work experience and 10+ years in Public Relations roles for publicly traded companies
- Solid experience coordinating successful PR campaigns
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Proven ability to work cross functionally with executives and company leadership
- Expertise across business and trade media as well as social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin
- Team management and team collaboration skills
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with key professionals
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and lead the team to pursue them in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record doing ‘more with less,’ and operating with a scrappy start-up mentality
- Possess a data driven, analytical approach and be process oriented, with a strong attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communications skills; can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
Up to 10% domestic travel
Role is based in Austin, Texas
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it
must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated
Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime
Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law.
Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants
and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by
contacting the EEO Officer.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Manager, Direct Sales, Management, Sales
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-16