Director of Social Media
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country, is seeking a Director of Social Media to join the Digital team. Key responsibility for this position include:
Lead social media content and campaign strategy
- Guide the overall social media narrative and lead social content strategy across all brands
- Own social media strategy for all national campaigns, and provide strategic social guidance for state digital campaigns
- Ensure social media calendar is always up-to-date
- Collaborate with web, creative, and video colleagues to plan strategic assets that enhance campaigns and align with social messaging
- Work with interdepartmental teams to plan social media campaigns that support the organization’s goals
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across departments, and recommend social media strategies to support their projects and enhance their programs.
Ensure all social media content is timely, high quality, and aligns with messaging
- Review and approve all social content for national channels and sample social for grassroots and influencer campaigns to ensure content supports strategic imperatives, adheres to messaging standards, and is free of errors
- Lead social media strategy and execution for rapid response moments
- Collaborate with the creative and video team on assets, and maintain a data-driven feedback loop to inform ongoing work
Interrogate and innovate
- Create, manage progress to, and report on social media goals
- Develop testing priorities, and guide the social team in testing best practices and assumptions to make sure we’re doing what works best for our audiences
- Actively investigate ways to improve engagement on all social media platforms, including emerging social media outlets
- Maintain fluency in digital content best practices, including social media best practices
- Pitch new ideas.
Manage social media campaigners
- Lead a team of three social media campaigners
- Coach campaigners, and foster their continued professional growth
- Outstanding writing, proofreading, and fact-checking abilities
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities under pressure with strong attention to details
- Comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape and demonstrated creativity in developing innovative social media strategies
- Able to incorporate strategy into all aspects of the work
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, newsroom-like environment within a growing, diverse team with sometimes unpredictable hours
- Self-motivated; able to own projects and execute in a timely manner
- 5+ years of experience running digital campaigns that include social media; experience managing social media for non-profit or electoral organizations is preferred
- Experience managing a team
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-14