Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Social Media
Food Bank For New York City
New York, NY
Title: Director, Social Media
Department: Marketing and Communications
Location: Hybrid/39 Broadway
Food Bank For New York City’s Director of Social Media will be responsible for leading the development and scaling of the organization’s social media engagement strategy and marketing efforts. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Director of Social Media will be responsible for ideating and planning impactful social media content designed to engage diverse audiences, and create awareness campaigns to help increase Food Bank’s visibility and creating support for Food Bank in the form of donations, volunteering, and advocacy. The selected candidate will work cross-functionally with team members to expand our distribution pipeline for diverse content that brings Food Bank’s brand to life, while ensuring that quality, tone, and copy are authentic and on brand. This role will manage a Social Media Community Manager as well as marketing and paid social media vendors and will work closely and collaboratively with all members of the External Relations team. The candidate will lead the metrics and performance strategy for Food Bank’s current and future social media accounts and will be directly accountable for growth and engagement rate reporting. The selected candidate will drive Food Bank’s social media strategy and work closely with colleagues to direct traffic to Food Bank’s website and compliment email marketing and stewardship campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, strategic, execution-oriented marketer with a strong business acumen and tireless drive for results. This person will be excited to collaborate across the organization with various team members to drive Food Bank’s success.
· Create and manage a strategic plan to drive awareness and engagement in Food Bank’s programs, initiatives and partnerships while leveraging best practices and the unique strengths of each social media platform (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube);
· Work with the VP of External Affairs, Senior Director of Marketing and Director of Communications to establish a brand voice and visual style for Food Bank on social media that reflects the needs of our audiences and adheres to our brand guidelines;
· Create a comprehensive content calendar and work with the Social Media Community Manager to update it, in a responsive fashion, depending on news cycles and other developments;
· Lead regular cross-organizational planning sessions for new content ideas and campaigns;
· Research and monitor marketplace trends, opportunities, and vulnerabilities and help maneuver Food Bank through the competitive landscape of social media;
· Contribute to the ideation and execution of a variety of annual fundraising campaigns
· Partner with Food Bank’s content creators to gather stories from different audiences and stakeholders
· Partner with the Senior Director of Marketing and Director of Communications on search and paid media planning to drive the interplay between paid and organic social media
· Work closely with colleagues to strategize and execute on cause marketing campaigns and influencer partnerships focused on brand awareness or donor acquisition.
· Work closely with the Social Media Community Manager to establish and implement a Customer Service Support strategy on social media.
· Oversee the overall daily work schedule of the social media community manager and ensure there is a process for prioritization and quality assurance.
· Work closely with the Senior Director of Marketing and the Director of Influencer Engagement to strategize and execute on cause-marketing campaigns and influencer marketing opportunities focused on brand awareness and donor acquisition.
· Establish process for social media metrics and performance reporting to Food Bank’s leadership and Board.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Five years of social media management experience required;
· Exceptional writing and storytelling skills with proven ability to engage an audience with content across multiple social media channels;
· Experience in developing, managing and executing content strategy;
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of trends in social media platforms and how to deploy each platform in different scenarios;
· Experience and savviness in the social media influencer marketing space;
· Proficient in content marketing, with an understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics;
· Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and attention to detail;
· Ability to interpret data, generate insights and recommend new strategies;
· Demonstrated experience to effectively and maturely cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and handle risk, ambiguity and uncertainty by making best practice recommendations;
· Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
· Detail-oriented and ability to work effectively and under pressure;
· Working Knowledge of creative Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Meltwater, Hootsuite and Canto;
· Demonstrate a commitment to Food Bank’s Mission and Values.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-24