Director, Strategic Communications
Bachelor’s DegreeSpecific Requirements and Preferences
Communications, marketing, public relations or a related field (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
5 years supervisory management plus: (Required)
* Experience overseeing internal and external communications functions (Required)
* Experience in media relations programs that require frequent engagement with national, top tier media (Required)
* Experience communicating with a large, diverse employee base. (Required)
* Experience leading teams of professional communicators (Required)
* Experience leading the relevant functions within a hospital, academic institution, or a large, decentralized organization of similar complexity (Required)
Experience in a hospital system is preferred (Preferred)
Understands the role of strategic public relations and corporate communications functions within integrated marketing and communications programs.
Possesses excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
Has a proven ability to develop successful strategies across multiple audiences that meet targeted goals and objectives.
Can plan and monitor budgeted resources and expenditures accurately.
Has strong collaboration skills, including ability to actively listen, build consensus and earn trust
Possesses team leadership and mentoring skills.
Job posted: 2019-04-29