A boutique Capitol Hill lobbying firm with a primary focus on the food and agriculture industries is looking to hire an experienced and proactive Director.
This position provides legislative and policy guidance and representation to clients on an ever-expanding array of issue areas including food safety, nutrition/obesity, dairy policy, crop insurance, organic agriculture, labor, and other issues as they arise.
- Advising and informing clients on legislative, regulatory, and political issues
- Representing clients before Members of Congress, Congressional, Administration staff, and industry colleagues
- Assisting in developing communications strategies including social media campaigns
- Providing legislative analysis
- Attending hearings, markups, briefings, and other meetings
- Preparing letters, testimony, comments, issue briefs, internal memos, and updates
- Conducting research on multiple policy and business development projects
- Developing strategies and briefing materials for Washington visits for clients
- Participating in client development initiatives
- Assisting with facets of the firm’s association management work
- Managing and building issue coalitions
- Special projects as assigned
- Four to six years of legislative and/or communications experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and work independently and proactively
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work in a dynamic team environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with food and agricultural issues is a plus
Please send a résumé, writing sample, and references to email@example.com. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Job posted: 2019-03-06