Executive Communications Senior Manager
Responsible for the planning, creation and promotion of strategies that will elevate the visibility and thought leadership positioning of National Safety Council President and CEO on internal, external and social channels. Interface directly with the NSC executive leadership team and Board to conceptualize and write thought leadership content, executive communications, social media posts and speeches. Responsible for creating content that engages a diverse set of audiences and influencers, this position will also build CEO & brand reputation.
Develop & Execute Strategic Executive Narrative – 60%
• Executive Storytelling: Use exceptional storytelling skills to conceive of, draft, edit and share executive communications and correspondence on topics including NSC business and NGO connections, safety leadership, industry trends, and executive team’s leadership, with a focus on NSC values and results.
• Communications Management: All generated content must be crafted in the context of a clear and current understanding of safety mission, technology, management, development and government policy trends impacting NSC and its mission to save lives, from the workplace to anyplace. The output, including presentations, press releases, policy discussions and otherwise must connect and align to the intended audience.
• Executive Image Maintenance: Further maintain and elevate the CEO’s reputation through an understanding of the needs of members, customers, partners, donors and key stakeholders by producing key content and communication materials..
Tactical Communications Engagement 30%
• Social media engagement: Execute a social media strategy that amplifies the CEO’s message and drives engagement. Elevate the CEO’s social media presence by expanding the reach, and level of engagement of followers/subscribers.
• Respond to safety industry and mission developments: Track developments closely to suggest and activate executive communications content in a timely and comprehensive manner that will contribute to the successful positioning of the NSC and its leadership.
Collaboration and Other Duties – 10%
• Collaborate seamlessly with the NSC community: Build and maintain fruitful connections with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
• Align executive strategy to the overall content and messaging strategy for NSC working in close collaboration with Director of Communications and content strategy leader.
• Develop useful, thought-provoking materials aligned with the Council’s strategic priorities to engage safety influencers.
•Requires a Bachelor’s degree
•Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
•Or in lieu of a Bachelor’s, min 10 years of relevant experience
• Deadline-driven multitasker with a journalistic, corporate communications or government affairs background
• Experience working with senior-level managers and executives
• Experience developing and executing impactful external communications programs
• Proven track record of managing challenging and time-sensitive external communications issues and situations
• Exposure to domestic and international business trends, teams and programs
• Strong ability to conceptualize, manage and execute large-scale events
• Experience working with a mission based non-profit organization preferred
• Up to 10% travel required
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-18