The Alliance for Digital Innovation (ADI) is looking for an individual to serve as its full-time executive director based in the Washington, DC area. Candidates must possess experience working with C-suite level executives in the private and public sector, building coalitions, strong communications skills, and an understanding of the federal acquisition and/or security accreditation process as well as the legislative process.
ADI represents a group of innovative technology companies seeking to drive commercial innovation into government. ADl’s goal is to help create the federal infrastructure necessary for a modem, 21st century digital government.
The Executive Director will be responsible for organizing and overseeing all operational aspects of the Alliance to enable ADI to advocate for, and educate government thought leaders on, innovative commercial technologies and the need for a cultural change to embrace such technologies at all levels of government. The executive director will work closely and coordinate with the board of directors and member company personnel. They will also represent the organization with government officials and the media to effectively articulate and amplify this message.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as primary advocate and voice for commercial technology adoption in the public sector.
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet the policy goals and objectives created in partnership with the officers and board of directors.
- Work with the officers and board of directors on membership recruitment and retention.
- Coordinate with and manage outside consultants, including (but not limited to) technical, public relations and legal.
- Ensure transparency and communication throughout the organization.
- Develop positive relationships with key executive and legislative branch officials.
- Manage existing member working groups and business processes, delivering value to member companies whenever possible.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Appropriate understanding of, and experience with, technology issues, the legislative process and the federal acquisition process.
- Senior leadership experience in government and/or the private sector working with C- suite level executives.
- Strong project management experience, including successfully leading multi-stakeholder initiatives or implementing policy.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development skills.
- Public policy, legal, or technology education.
- Media experience a plus.
Compensation and Benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADI celebrates, supports, and thrives on difference and diversity for the benefit of our team members, our partnerships, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. To receive the fullest consideration, applications should be received no later than July 26, 2021.
Job posted: 2021-07-13