Government Affairs Manager
Role Summary:Based in Washington, D.C. and reporting to the Managing Director of Global Government Affairs, the Government Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and executing government affair strategies to advance GE Renewable Energy’s interests with federal and state government officials.
Essential Responsibilities:As the Government Affairs Manager, you will:
- Engage with federal and state legislative and regulatory bodies on behalf of GE Renewable Energy
- Analyze legislative, regulatory and political developments and communicate potential threats and opportunities for GE Renewable Energy
- Develop and implement strategy to maximize favorable policy opportunities and minimize risks
- Prepare executive management briefings on significant legislative, regulatory and political developments
- Immerse yourself in the GE Renewable Energy product lines and work with commercial teams to support strategic commercial opportunities
- Represent GE Renewable Energy in trade associations and other relevant, non-governmental organizations
- Prepare commercial advocacy filings and coordinate international delegation visits, congressional town halls, and other government affairs-related events
- Participate actively in GE PAC
- Maintain necessary recordkeeping to facilitate accurate LDA reporting
- Work with cross-functional team to maximize external funding opportunities
- Develop relationships with federal, state, and local officials in GE Renewable Energy U.S. manufacturing footprint
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in government, or working public policy issues for another company, trade association or a government affairs firm
- JD or Advanced Degree
- Flexibility for occasional travel
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareersAbout Us:GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-16