Government Affairs Manager
Spectrum is a critical resource for T-Mobile and this position will support the federal regulatory team in Washington DC in highly technical analysis and advocacy of public policy before the Federal Communications Commission, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, and other government agencies. Particular focus on making additional spectrum available and clearing incumbent operations to allow use of the spectrum for mobile service. Using extensive knowledge and comprehension of wireless technology and the industry, this role will generate work products needed to shape policy favorable to T-Mobile and the American consumer at large. The person in this role should have extensive knowledge of FCC proceedings and spectrum policy issues and how to shape them in a constructive manner with honesty and integrity.
- Creation of policy analysis of FCC proceedings with a specific focus on technical issues.
- Development of technical work product derived from policy and in support of analysis to provide factual support for T-Mobile’s position.
- Programming and using FCC databases and tools.
- Representing T-Mobile before regulators based on well-supported and documented positions with integrity and honesty.
- Working closely across the entire Government Affairs team on all technical matters.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- Willingness to be flexible on work timing for critical projects.
- 3+ years working in areas related to telecommunications or technical policy.
- Knowledge of wireless technology and industry.
- Knowledge of regulatory process as it relates to the wireless industry.
- General programming skills, exampling include Phyton, Java, C, C++, etc.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technical skills quickly, including programs like Tableau, MapInfo, Salesforce.
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience working with or at the FCC or NTIA.
- MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of FCC Practice and Procedure.
- Knowledge of FCC specific tools such as ULS, LMS, and other FCC databases.
- Extensive technical capabilities using computer programs such as Tableau, MapInfo, SQL, Salesforce, Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and general programming skills in required.
• At least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• High School Diploma or GED
• Pre-employment background screen
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-19