Government Affairs Manager
San Francisco, CA
Eaze is the leading cannabis technology company. Our mission is to improve lives by providing safe and reliable access to high-quality cannabis products with the utmost convenience.
Do you have a policy background, and want to use that expertise to shape the future of the cannabis industry? Are you creative and like to think on your feet? If so, then this role is for you.
If you choose to accept this mission, you will be responsible for working with elected officials and third parties across the country, advocating for Eaze’s policy positions as new legislation is being proposed. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with campaign management as well as involvement in state and local policymaking. This role will report to the Director of Government Affairs.
This role can be based at SF or LA offices.
The successful Government Affairs Manager will:
- Advocate for Eaze’s political and policy objectives in state and local jurisdictions across the United States
- Educate politicians and their staff about the benefits of on-demand cannabis delivery
- Redline proposed ordinances to further Eaze’s business objectives
- Provide strategic advice on pursuing a legislative policy
- Manage a team of lobbyists in the field
- Keep management, operations, product, and marketing areas informed of legislative impacts
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 6-8 years of policy/government relations experience at a government entity, public affairs firm, or technology company
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a legislative campaign in a quickly evolving industry
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. Strong oral advocacy and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work cross functionally
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Travel as needed — if there is a fire, you go and put it out
Eaze (eaze.com) is a technology company focused on the rapidly growing legal cannabis industry. Founded in 2014, the company’s technology platform facilitates on-demand delivery of high-quality cannabis products from the leading brands in the industry.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-11-08