Love + medicine is who we are, it’s what we do, it’s why people want to work here.
If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Works at the direction of the Executive Director of External Affairs and the Government Relations Director on research relevant to legislation and policy impacting Gundersen Health System, as well as research needed for External Affairs special projects. Supports preparation of legislative and policy analysis. Prepares status updates. Conducts research needed for policy and issue papers, testimony, legislative analysis, and other special projects. Works closely with Gundersen Health System staff to facilitate External Affairs special projects.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and executes research projects to meet the needs of the External Affairs department, and in conjunction with other departments within Gundersen Health System as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assists the Executive Director of External Affairs and Government Relations Director by serving as a research, writer, and project facilitator. Reads legislation and regulations that impact Gundersen Health System and the community, provides analysis in written and/or verbal form, and monitors the political viability of the proposals on Gundersen Health System.
- Researches and advises on opportunities for competitive grant and appropriation funding at the Federal and State level.
- Works closely with Gundersen Health System staff to facilitate External Affairs projects.
- Assists in preparing, and at times presents, presentations for organizational leadership, staff, government, and other external audiences.
- Establishes an office-wide organizational system for cataloging, organizing, storing, and updating External Affairs documents and data; assures the overall quality of these documents and data through, among other things, the documentation of sources.
- Assists the Government Relations Director with maintaining the legislative tracking grid; identifies the need for additional information on a tracked bill, performs additional research, and creates status updates.
- Prepares implementation tracking grid for state and federal healthcare legislation, coordinates with departments across the organization on upcoming changes in policies, and helps identify potential opportunities and threats to Gundersen Health System.
- Works with Executive Director and Director of Government Relations to develop proposals for policy changes at the state and federal levels that will benefit the organization, its mission and its patients.
- Membership on both internal and external committees when necessary to advance the department and organization mission.
- Attendance at local, state and federal meetings and hearings as necessary.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
SCOPE OF THE JOBAge Specific Population Served:
- Nonage Specific (N/A)
OSHA CategoryCategory III – No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Learning:Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or Public Policy or Economics or Public Health or a related field
- Master’s degree in Political Science or Public Policy or Economics or Public Health or a related field
- 3-4 years professional research experience or related work in government.
- 5-7 years professional experience relevant to health policy, research or grant writing.
Skills and Knowledge: Ability to or Knowledge of..https://gundersenhealth.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Gundersen/job/Gundersen—La-Crosse-Main-Campus/Legislative-Policy-Analyst_JR-1073-1.Required Organization
- organize and monitor multiple projects and files to ensure timely and accurate completion
- organizational skills
- maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers, patients and visitors
- written and oral communication skills
- create high-quality presentation materials and present them effectively
General – All Positions
- research governmental regulations, analyze data and make appropriate recommendations
- interpret and appropriately apply policy provisions and government regulations
License and Certifications:Desired
- Registered Lobbyist – Wisconsin (REG LOBBYI)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/DEMANDS OF THE POSITION
- Sitting – Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
- Static Standing – Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
- Walking/Standing – Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
- Driving – Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
- Lifting – Floor to Waist – Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) – Number of lbs 0-25
- Lifting – Waist to Overhead – Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) – Number of lbs 0-25
- Lifting – Other – Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) – Number of lbs 0-25
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact HR-Recruitment@gundersenhealth.org or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-16