Manager Corporate Affairs
Chevron is committed to advancing the organization towards being a leader in the Energy Transition. As the world looks to a lower carbon future, Chevron New Energies will position Chevron to compete with hydrogen, carbon capture, and offsets businesses.
This position reports to the General Manager, Corporate Affairs.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Work with policy teams in Corporate Affairs and Chevron Strategy & Sustainability to identify emerging and current issues, frame business impacts, develop policy positions, issue management plans, and provide updates to business customer and Chevron New Energies General Manager on progress/results.
- Research, draft, and provide analysis on policy issues, events, and legislative and/or regulatory developments, including identifying business impacts, risk, and/or opportunities.
- Utilize the SEIM process to create and lead issue management teams to develop positions, issue management, advocacy, and stakeholder engagement to advance issues with current and emerging external leaders in government, policy thought leaders, and business leaders working in portfolio.
- Participate in trade associations and with external partners to shape the domestic and international policy landscape.
- Provide issues content for Corporate Affairs, Chevron Strategy & Sustainability and Investor Relations activities designed to position Chevron New Energies with investors and stakeholders related to policy portfolio.
- Provide insights, advice, and guidance on policy issues that can shape and/or impact business plan execution.
- Work with Corporate Affairs and other internal functions and/or experts to identify social, policy, and/or reputation risks to that may proactively shape, impact, and mitigate business plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10-15 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. and/or international policy and political issues related to climate change, energy transition, renewable energy and offsets.
- Proven ability to lead strategy development and execution for social, political, and reputational risks and opportunities.
- Advanced degree such as MS in Corporate Social Responsibility, Public Policy or Sustainability
- Sustainable energy industry experience is preferred
- Significant experience using a standardized process to manage legislative, regulatory or other industry-related energy issues.
- Advanced ability to develop, manage, and maintain an extensive internal and external stakeholder network, including taking a leadership role externally for issues related to the energy portfolio.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Link to apply: Manager Corporate Affairs (myworkdayjobs.com)
Job posted: 2021-10-05