Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Diversity Programs
About the job
The Diversity Institute, IFA Foundation’s signature initiative, is designed to educate entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds about small business ownership opportunities available through franchising. The Institute engages IFA members, the franchising sector at large, academic institutions, national and non-profit partners to cultivate an increasingly diverse franchise community and exchange insights and best practices that advance diversity and inclusion in franchising.
The Manager, Diversity Programs will oversee the day-to-day operations of the growing Diversity Institute. The Manager will be responsible for aspects of the Diversity Institute such as a growing slate of internal and external programming; coordination and collaboration with affinity groups; communications and online presence; volunteer management to ensure the growth and future success of Diversity Institute.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the IFA Foundation, the Manager will work with Foundation and IFA staff, volunteer leadership, donors, and other partners in alignment with Foundation-wide initiatives.
Education and engagement:
- Develop, plan, and implement a growing number of educational and outreach programs, in collaboration with national and local strategic partners that feature Diversity Institute and affinity group members with the goal of increasing the number of individuals from diverse backgrounds educated about opportunities in franchising.
- Develop, plan, and implement member diversity forums to foster critical conversations across the franchising sector to continually advance outcomes for underrepresented communities in franchising.
- Identify, engage, and collaborate with partners and donors that can assist in amplifying Diversity Institute’s reach to underrepresented communities to increase participation and reach fundraising goals.
- Assist with cross-over events and projects where Diversity Institute, VetFran, Franchising Gives Back and research intersect.
- Work with Executive Director, Diversity Institute Committee, and affinity groups to develop a program and engagement plan related to Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Work across the IFA on educational programming and events that nurture external engagement among key stakeholder groups, such as Congressional Caucuses.
- Support Open for Opportunity campaign and associated roadshow stops where diversity roundtables are scheduled to ensure ongoing partnership and follow-up with local non-profit partners to identify mutually beneficial opportunities to engage and educate opportunity seekers.
- Responsible for creation and coordination of Diversity Institute’s social media content (blog, twitter, etc.) across IFA, Foundation, and related channels.
- Consistently capture and leverage positive stories from a diversity of perspectives in franchising. Publish through the variety of Foundation channels. Work with IFA staff, membership, and communications to leverage all channels when appropriate.
- Work with IFA staff in communications and marketing to support alignment between Diversity Institute programming/content across IFA-wide communication channels, industry commitment, and Open for Opportunity campaign programming.
- Maintain web content, email outreach and lists to support strategic engagement of IFA members, opportunity seekers and non-profit partners.
- Provide data, analytics, and insights on key priorities in support on ongoing reporting to key stakeholders.
- Serve as staff liaison to Diversity Institute committee. Includes managing executive committee and full committee meetings, calls, and related events.
- Serve as staff liaison to Diversity Institute’s affinity groups which currently includes the Pride Council, Black Franchise Leadership Council, and Hispanic Latino Franchise Leadership Council. Includes managing executive committee and full committee meetings, calls, and related events.
- Ongoing maintenance of program dashboards and goal tracking on key deliverables on strategic initiatives.
- Bachelors degree;
- Three to five years’ experience in related area such as diversity, equity, and inclusion; corporate social responsibility; association program management; external relations; program development, etc.; or a combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with website management programs, database, and list management software.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task; ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude; build relationships with staff, board members, external partners, association members; ability to manage and lead teams/volunteers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proofreading, editing, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability; resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently; forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About the International Franchise Association (IFA)
The International Franchise Association (IFA) is the world’s oldest and largest organization representing franchising worldwide. For over sixty years, the IFA has worked to educate Franchisors and Franchisees on beneficial methods and business practices to improve franchising. IFA is a non-profit trade association that works through its government relations and public policy, media relations and educational programs to protect, enhance and promote franchising and over 700,000 franchise establishments that support nearly 7.6 million direct jobs, $674.3 billion of economic output for the U.S. economy and 2.5 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The IFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job posted: 2022-05-01