Manager, Government Relations
The Manager, Government Relations will identify, analyze, and respond to access and
reimbursement issues that affect the plasma protein industry. The individual will work
to advocate with legislative and regulatory entities, primarily Federal (Congress, HHS, and CMS) and State (legislatures, state Medicaid officials) as necessary. The manager will
perform all functions necessary to positively impact policymakers and stakeholders
through direct advocacy, grassroots, and targeted campaigns.
The Manager, Government Relations will plan and participate in Congressional Hill Days, draft association position papers and issues briefs in cooperation with North American team
members, as well as assisting with association communications vehicles.
• Minimum: Four-year college degree in either science, communications or health policy.
• At least five years’ experience in congressional or state government policy or advocacy,
preferably in healthcare and reimbursement issue areas
Skills & Abilities
• Entrepreneurial approach to work
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Effective oral communication
• Strong research and writing capability
• Team player
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight timelines
• Develop positive relationships with Congressional staff and Members advocating for access to
plasma protein therapies
• Become thoroughly familiar with the substance and strategy regarding all PPTA’s health policy
priorities. Use this knowledge to assist the Senior Director, Government Relations, with developing
advocacy strategies on reimbursement issues.
• Positively impact reimbursement proposals that will advance consumer access to and choice of
• Work closely with the Senior Director, Government Relations, and other PPTA staff to build a
“team approach” to achieving the objectives of the Association.
Send resume and cover letter to: Cathy Izzi, Senior Director, Human Resources
Job posted: 2019-03-26