Applebee’s Mid-Atlantic, Dine Brands
It is the role of the Marketing Manager to:
- Plan, develop and implement the Organization’s marketing strategies and communications
- Maximize company’s sales through effective execution of annual marketing plan
- Strengthen the Organization’s position as a great member of the communities in which we operate
- Create exciting brand awareness
These outcomes will be achieved by utilizing the most effective approaches at maximum cost efficiencies.
Vice President, Company OperationsDirect Reports
Outcome & Core Activities:
Sales Driving: maximize overall sales and traffic growth by leading the development and implementation of short/long term marketing objectives, strategies and tactics.
- Responsible for development and facilitate implementation of annual marketing and media plan.
- Lead development and oversee execution of both short/long term profitable sales-building plans for local marketing programs, tactics and activities.
- Drive development of overall Digital Marketing (social media, E-club, etc) strategy while overseeing program creation, execution and tracking.
- Plan with Operations to understand and evaluate different markets, neighborhoods and competition.
- Partner with training and operations to develop and execute marketing initiatives as it pertains to new restaurant openings and remodel plans.
- Ensure delivery of clear, concise and regular communication to appropriate Teams regarding all marketing-driven activities.
Brand Management: ensure both Applebee’s Mid-Atlantic and Applebee’s brand appearance and integrity are well represented, communicated and maintained.
- Ensure Organization’s desired image and position is clearly and consistently communicated through copy direction, design development, production and distribution of the Organization’s in-restaurant POP, public relations and merchandising materials.
- Responsible for Organization’s guest-facing website (TBD) design/appearance and content management.
- Responsible for overseeing Campaign POP and menu ordering process.
- Act as principal manager for fundraising efforts being responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of comprehensive fundraising programs and partnerships.
- Lead the identification and implementation of programs which support the image of Applebee’s as a great neighbor within each of the communities we operate.
- Incorporate Applebee’s national marketing plan into Applebee’s Mid-Atlantic objectives, strategies and plans to ensure brand consistency.
Marketing Budget – develop, track and achieve marketing budget within aligned parameters.
- Responsible for planning, developing, maintaining and reconciling detailed marketing budget.
- Provide monthly summary to supervisor outlining current month and year-to-date expenditures and through year-end projections.
- Responsible for collaborating with Accounting, Finance and ASI Marketing team members to continually evaluate and improve the process and plan for budget reconciliation.
Analysis – provide information and insight surrounding:
- Effectiveness of marketing-driven programs and activities
- Competitors in the market-places in which we operate
- Collaborate with Accounting and Finance teams to develop appropriate tools for tracking, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on effectiveness of both short/long term marketing activities.
- Ensure understanding of competitive practices by supervising collection of competitive menus and promotional materials by market for each one of our major competitors.
Increase Organizational Knowledge– increase the depth, breadth, accessibility and usability of the Organization’s knowledge of marketing-related information.
- Establish priorities and develop programs & materials supporting identified Neighborhood Marketing Toolkits.
- Conduct Local Marketing Workshops that focus on increasing Organizational Knowledge at all levels through sharing and education of established Neighborhood Marketing best practices.
- Provide on-going coaching to the Operations team on execution and implementation for recommended local plans and programs.
- Create, maintain and post marketing-related resources on company intranet.
- Seek out and ensure ongoing learning and development opportunities for all direct reports in matters related to their work.
- Seek out and engage in ongoing learning and self-development opportunities.
- Pursue knowledge sharing endeavors with industry peers and organizations, share cross-functionally as appropriate.
Ad-Hoc Initiatives – lead, manage or provide support to projects and task force work at the request of the Organization.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-06